What's new

My SVS 25-31PCi - First Impressions. (1 Viewer)

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings, All...

First off WOW!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I got home put in AVIA busted out the SPL Meter setup my speakers all to small and sub to on.

Set the SVS 25-31PCi as the manual says. And run through the AVIA setup. My Fronts and Center never sounded this good without a sub. Didn't really notice much difference from my rears.

Well I played the bass material that was suggested in the manual and well it was nice but I had to try some of my other DVDs. Well I tried U571... Oh my god my walls where shaking. I also think I put a crack in my driveway. :D

At that point I had to turn down the sub via my receiver so I would not have my neighbors calling the cops on me.

After I turned it down a bit on the receiver it was cool now. I love my SVS. :cool:

Watched all of Aliens and AOTC. AOTC has some pretty deep stuff that I do not remember from the theater.

Well I will give more of my thoughts later when I have more time. Also will put a review up on Audio Review.

Happy Listening,

ChadLB

Screenwriter
If you have LOTR put that in and listen to the part in the beginning where the ring falls and hits the ground and leave it play there is some low bass.
I had fun listening to SW-TPM and the pod race scene...the engines sounded awesome.....:D

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
I am almost at the point of wishing I had concrete floor. Because my walls shake I hear the house making noise that I thought it would only do during an earthquake. I really need to figure out how to tame the beast a bit more, might try a stone under it.

Any Suggestions?

And people complain they can not hear a difference with a SVS they must be deaf and/or dead or have problems with their placement. Because it is just sounds amazing. My friend tells me it is too much sub for me but I really do not care. When the cops come knocking(if I can hear them) i'll care. :D

I'll have to watch "Fellowship" tonight and SW-TPM tomorrow.

Thanks,

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Have you tried different placement with the sub. Otherwise turn down the sub volume on the receiver for certain movies.

What is the amp on the sub at and sub volume at after using avia?

Dan Da Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Loring if you have Reign of Fire, put that in and listening to the parts where the dragons do fly overs, the 25-31 will blow you away, it feels like they are flying over for real.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
When the cops come knocking(if I can hear them) i'll care.
:crazy:
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Add to your SVS LFE discovery DVD list:

1) Pearl Harbor

2) Men in Black I & II

3) Jurassic Park I & III

4) Tomorrow Never Dies

5) ID-4

6) Atlantis: The Lost Empire

7) Titan A.E.

8) Iron Giant

9) Concert: Eagles - When Hell Freezes Over - DTS

10) Concert: Diana Krall - Live in Paris - DTS

Isn't this fun!!??!?!??!!? :rolleyes

Phil

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
Wow I do not have a lot of those DVD I think I will go buy some this weekend. :D

Oh I did some more tweaking and it seems to be better I will keep you all updated tho. I still wonder what my neighbors think.

Watched some cable tv shows tonight with the SVS on and wow..Did not know some of my fav shows had some pretty deep stuff, like Stargate SG-1 on SciFi. Now only if my cable box was digital audio out...hehehehe. Oh well.

Bigger tv and SatDish will be next year.

Thanks everyone who has posted.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Blade I&II
DAS BOOT
Matrix
IMAX SuperSpeedway
Desperadoes (the original version was mixed way too hot)
Lost in Space (should be dirt cheap)
Fifth Element

all these will separate the real from the pretender of a sub (not including maybe even your walls).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks