What's new

My Subwoofer Died (1 Viewer)

JohnEF

Stunt Coordinator
I have had a Pinnacle 250 Watt sub woofer for about 6 and a half years and it just died. I replaced the fuse but no go. It is getting power but no sound is coming out (I used test tones from my pre-amp).

I got a suggested repair of $130 for a new amp (if that is the problem). Is this worth it or should I use the money toward a new sub-woofer (like the SVS 39PC plus that goes for around $825 plus shipping). In other words is the SVS worth the additional $700 over my repaird Pinnacle?

John

brentl

Senior HTF Member
A good way to rule out the speaker is to run another speaker to the amp. This wold involve removing the old speaker to get to the speaker leads, but it's a cheap way to find out if it's the amp or the speaker.

Brent

joseFMJ

Stunt Coordinator
Simply put a 1.5V battery across the speaker leads, if it makes a sound and the cone moves in or out, the speaker is good. Or use a VOM. I am not a fan of plate amps mounted in a vibrating box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks