What's new

My Sub Stopped Working! (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It is "not a sub"(in my book) unless it is at least a 10".

Nothing 8" deserves to be called sub.

They should simply be called..."woofer by itself in a box".

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Woofer-in-a-box!

(Guess that answers that question.)

So, Sam...and thank you by the way. Seems the consensus is Dayton if that's all I can afford, but F-12 if I could swing it?

Are there any others worth mentioning in my range?

My thinking regarding this whole thing is I wouldn't even be buying a sub if the other hadn't broke. But it did and I love watching my movies so I need to deal with this and fix it. I don't know if my old sub was utter crap or not, but it worked for me for whatever that's worth. Since I am in this position and needing a new sub, I might as well spend my money wisely, but still keep in my mind I was fine with my old setup. I'm torn between value and decent quality. In talking with my wife today, we really don't think "Headroom" is going anything we need to worry about right now. My system will probably remain as is for a long time, barring any thing else breaking.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Buy both return one...

Amazon is lenient...

I'm picky though. All of my speakers in the house are real wood veneer. I won't buy anything, at all, covered in vinyl.

I have two 20+ year old M&K subwoofers. Another sub started out life as a JBL DPS12. Bought it with a dead amp. Turned it passive. It is now just the original box with an Infinity driver pushed by a mono-block Krell. The DPS box' original vinyl was stripped off and I recovered in the closest thing I could find to the wood veneer used on the Infinity Crescendo in the room. (was not cheap...nor easy to remove and re-apply).

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Yes but which 2?

The Sub-1200 isn't Prime, it's from a 3rd party but even so with shipping, it would only be $124 total. Returning it would probably not be fun!

(The Sub-1000 is shipped and sold by Amazon, but it's $137.99-- so I don't see much point.)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I didn't check that part(I don't use prime).

Is the sub1200 3rd party PE itself?

I have no idea what the re-stock fee at PE is as I never return anything(unless it was broke).

I would pick the sub1200 and the F12. The only other one is the Lava LSP12(I went to their site today for pricing and says "We've moved, contact "somebody"@lava-support.com...or something like that. So maybe Lava is dying off?...dunno)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
It is, as a matter of fact.

Side note, I just in this message realized what you meant by PE. Parts Express. You've said it a few times today. I thought it meant something totally different.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
My wife, being super frugal almost to the point of fault, wants me to research more why my old sub broke, and if anything can be done. i'm not electrically inclined so even if I could get to the innard of the amp, I doubt I would be able to do anything.

Trying to tell her that best I can deduce, it simply died.

Edit. Just saw this on amazon in the "You might like" section. http://www.amazon.com/MartinLogan-Dynamo-300-Theater-Subwoofer/dp/B004LRPXAU/ref=pd_pgd_B00669L3HS_B004LRPXAU?pf_rd_p=1674797662&pf_rd_s=cp-merchandising-top&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00669L3HS&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=17W0TGYT2GAMGX0MWE1Q

Edit. Nevermind. 8 Inch!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No.

If you worry about not buying anything cause it gets discontinued...

You'd never buy...

Shoes
Underwear
Hair dryers
Washer/dryer
Fridge
Car

Edit:
The only place I see discontinued is Amazon. PE doesn't say it is beyond "special price". Maybe PE doesn't want to sell that one on Amazon anymore. Call them and ask.

Maybe they can't get that amp/driver anymore and a "sub1200a" is coming...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks