What's new

My spouse IS NOT a wife of the year nominee (1 Viewer)

James Reyes

Stunt Coordinator
quote: we have a small child, who likes to play w/speaker wife[/quote]
quote: I dust everything off frequently(I actually dust girls)[/quote]
Steve's baby plays with speaker wife and Frank dusts off girls. Interesting :)
[Edited last by James Reyes on August 18, 2001 at 04:49 PM]

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
7. She thinks the yellow, Kevlar drivers on my B&Ws "don't fit the room" so I must keep the grills on.
Oh, I feel sorry for you man! :) I have B&W 603-CC6-603 front, and I also think the kevlar's look so damn cool, why would you ever want to have the grill on?
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
She does see the value in an armoir (I never even knew what one was before I got married. Now I have a 600lb one in my living room).
As a salesman of home audio equipment, I provide a shoulder for every man to cry when they're shopping for gear solo and mention the word "armoir" in a sentence. Now that stuff like that is just not righteous!
------------------

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
because they have an initial perception that it's a "guy" hobby and therefore obviously a selfish hobby like cars that will be a constant black hole for money
and women aren't already constant black holes for money?! i'm a poor college kid with a girlfriend and GEEZ are they expensive!!

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
because they have an initial perception that it's a "guy" hobby and therefore obviously a selfish hobby like cars that will be a constant black hole for money
As if women can't be constant black hole for money. When my parents got divorced, my dad and I counted the shoes she had in the closet. There were over 80 (yes, you are reading correctly) pairs of shoes in there (maybe 5 pairs of which she's actually worn on more than one ocassion). Not to mention that she had enough clothes to go for like half a year without doing laundry.
Add in crap like interior decorations, fancy dining sets and cookware, and window treatments (most of which are useless to the majority of men), and you've got a pretty sizeable black hole of money in of itself. Not to mention the wife's new SUV (oh yeah, and you get to drive the Corolla). :)
So there shouldn't be any guilt involved when you want a new toy. It's not like we need a new receiver or TV every year. As long as you make good buying decisions based on current and possible future needs, you'll generally be fine with finances. But you better bet those curtains need a change for the next season! (j/k)
------------------

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
several points on which you may spin your HT equipment decisions
1.) o.k. honey ,now if you expect me to spend $20,000 on furniture,window treatments, and artwork to go in the living room (a room which we will sit in twice a year ,once with the rabbi/priest ,and once with the insurance salesman) then what is fair to spend on a room that we will be using evryday and sharring with much more pleasant people?
2.)If you leave me alone on what HT equip. I buy, I'll alow you to hide it in as expensive a cabinet as you can find!...
after all that's why ir repeaters were invented

Mike_Ped

Second Unit
My GF can't understand why I "wasted" money buying my DTS and Dolby Digital plaques. "Because they were there" I told her. You just can't explain these things...

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
Doug,
OK, that cat looks like it might be kinda kool. Actually, my cat situation is improving. Two weeks agho, we had 4!!! We had one adopted by a good friend and the Persian had to be Euthanised the other day (age and health probs). It's kinda funny watching the two remaining ones as they try to figure out this little mystery. They must be thinking, "Wait a minute....there used to be 4 of us....Stick together man, and whatever you do don't let me fall asleep..."
Brian,
The fact that you do not know what an armoir is is a good thing. It's a fancy name for a big a#$ cabinet. You often see them in Hotels, housing the minibar, TV, and some clothing drawers, and etc.
--Steve
[Edited last by Steve_Ma on August 19, 2001 at 05:57 AM]

Tor Arne

Stunt Coordinator
lol! This was great fun. I am fortunate enough to have decorated my lilving room so that it matches my B&W kevlar elements perfectly!
tahustvedt.homestead.com/files/stereo01.jpg
About the cat. I saw a normal sized cat beat the crap out of a boxer once. Scary stuff. Cats go for the face and rip it to shreds.
Regards,
Tor Arne Hustvedt
Norway

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
It's posts like this that make me sigh a sigh of relief that I don't have either a wife, or kids!
biggrin.gif

Remember in City Slickers where Crystal and Palance talk about the "one thing"? That one thing that each one of us has to figure out for themselves to be happy? I thank God above because I know my "one thing".
Simplicity.
Wife/kids/cats/dogs, yadda yadda yadda do nothing (for me) but screw up simplicity.
...you guys have my sympathies.
wink.gif

------------------
"...it is an excellent day for an exorcism".
[Edited last by Derrik Draven on August 19, 2001 at 02:51 PM]

Jah-Wren Ryel

Stunt Coordinator
"But remember one thing, don't lose your head
to a woman that will spend your bread."
-Rod Stewart, "Every Picture Tells a Story"

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Steve,
This is going to hurt......
I have two dogs (I hate cats and so does my wife).
My wife bought me my Onkyo 6 disc DVD changer a couple of years ago for Christmas.
My wife wants a new 16x9 TV as much as me, but we both know we have to wait until other things are done 1st.
My wife just bought me a brand new SVS sub two days ago for a late graduation gift. :)
I nominate my spouse for "Wife of the Year."
wink.gif

My heart goes out to you, man. Hopefully one day she will learn that nothing comes between a man and his HT, well, except maybe Victoria's Secret models.
biggrin.gif

-Dean-
------------------
Link Removed
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Derrik, you deserve an award for having the best residence name on the forum. The town name is probably meant to ward off the developers - it probably conceals a beautiful, scenic area that residents want to keep for themselves.
Dean, you have an excellent balance of mutual interest and realistic practicality. She's a keeper!
------------------
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

Marianne

Supporting Actor
What the heck is an armoir?
It's not an armoir, it's an armoire. :)
I have the same problem only in reverse. I want to get a bigger TV but it won't fit in the "armoire" so I want to get rid of it - but my husband won't let me!
He goes on at me for buying too many DVDs.
I had to train him to like widescreen and not to laugh at my mattes.
He doesn't like loud logos (DTS, THX, etc).
etc., etc.

Wayne_T

Stunt Coordinator
Marianne, leave him. Take one of us instead. :)
------------------
The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price has passed.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Marianne,
Do you have any sisters? I have a few friends who would definitely be appreciative (I'm married personally).
If you like cars and sports, you might drive many of us guys right over the edge...
------------------
Scott

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
I have to brag on my wife for a bit. She's never shown the slightest interest in my HT gear, which is mostly a good thing, because she doesn't care what I buy, what it looks like or whether or not it clashes with the decor. (As long as I don't put us in the poorhouse over it). But last night, imagine my surprise as I come home to find her showing off how cool the THX logo at the beginning of T2 sounds to a friend of hers...at almost max volume...'who are you and where's my wife' kind of situation. This might not sound like much, but for my wife, who still listens to music on her boom box, it was amazing. (sorry, I just had to tell this to someone who'd understand.)

Users who are viewing this thread