What's new

My speaker shopping is frustrating; guidance please (1 Viewer)

Marshall Sander

Stunt Coordinator
First - Everyone on this board who has posted replies to my numerous questions has helped me greatly narrow my choices. I thank all of you.

Now I (and my wife) have agreed to purchase an in-wall only system. I have reviewed plenty and visted all of the websites. It is very frustrating to shop for these speakers becuase almost all high-end products are sold by custom-install companies who do not have all products available to listen to and who ususally sell only one of the brands in which I am interested. Since they only sell one brand, I cannot get an unbiased opinion on the quality of the speaker versus a competing brand.

Here are the brands I am interested in hearing. I will be driving all over town on Sat. just to hear as many as I can.

SpeakerCraft 8.8MT

Sonance 843

DefTech UIW75

Paradigm SA-30

Phase Technology CI110

Kef Ci Reference 1500

B&W signature 7NT

Atlantic Tecnology System 10

Comments on any of these speakers is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
Marshall,

I see you are in Phoenix. I live in Chandler. Where are you planning on going this weekend?

Showcase would be a good place to go, as they have many brands of in-wall speakers to demo. Also, you might want to check out Klipsch in-walls. I have some and they sound pretty good.

Jerry's Audio Video doesn't seem to have many brands, compared to Showcase. But I really wasn't looking at in walls when I went.

Good luck!

Bryan

Marshall Sander

Stunt Coordinator
Bryan - I am going to Hi Fi Sales to audition Paradigm; Sounds Like Music for B&W; Ultimate Electronics for DefTech; and Showcase for Sonance. That will take me all over the valley.

Thanks for your help.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Hey Marchall, I hope you know that the store of Sounds Like Music on I-17 and Bell moved to the new mall at I-101 and Tatum in Scottsale. Good luck and have fun.

Happy Easter to everyone!

Bry

Larry B

Screenwriter
Marshall:

One of the best in-wall speakers made is the Thiel power-plane. (Their website is thielaudio.com. )

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks