What's new

My Sony TV turns into a negative! (1 Viewer)

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
OK it's an older TV and it's over 40". It's about a 1990 model I think. ANyways when it first turns on it looks like a negative picture and after awhile it will go away if you hit it (10 min) on the side. This all happened a couple of years ago after I started hitting my tennis balls off the front of it, lol. What's wrong do you think?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
The TV's owner is careless and cruel to his TV! Your TV can't play tennis! Leave it alone. LOL. JK.

I imagine someone here will venture to say what is damaged or dying in your set. Sounds weird though.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The thing is on its last legs, and the time has come for you to pony up for a new set. So there. This is a time of adventure!

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Your CRT's are on their last leg...Probably not worth the cost of replacing them...

Kevin P

Screenwriter
ANyways when it first turns on it looks like a negative picture and after awhile it will go away if you hit it (10 min) on the side. This all happened a couple of years ago after I started hitting my tennis balls off the front of it, lol. What's wrong do you think?
It's probably a loose connection, perhaps a video signal ground. Typically any problem that goes away (or appears) after hitting the set is a loose connection somewhere.
A tech should be able to track it down and resolder whatever came loose.
KJP
P.S. Hitting tennis balls off the front of your TV is not recommended by the manufacturer. :)

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
thanks a lot. I figured it probably was a loose connection after reading a bunch of Faq's. Your help is much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks