What's new

My Sony Tivo is blind (1 Viewer)

Bob Kavanaugh

Second Unit
I have a Sony SVR-2000 and unless you aim the remote right at the sensor, it won't see the signal. I know the remote is powerful enough, because I use it to turn my TV on and off as well as volume control for my receiver. My other components respond no matter where you aim the remote.

Does anybody know how to increase the sensitivity of the tivo or any other "tweaks" to get the thing to respond to the remote. Oh, and this appears to be the norm for the SVR-2000, as my friend's tivo behaves exactly the same way. Thanks

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
My old Sony 2000 had the same behavior. It worked much better when I switched to a universal remote (the MX-500) with a much stronger signal. That's the only thing I can suggest.

M.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Mine was acting up a while back in which it had a bad lag time or i would have to continually hit a button(s) for it to do anything. I changed the batteries in the remote and now it works great.

Jeff

Bob Kavanaugh

Second Unit
Well, I hope that is the problem. I will feel foolish if that is the case.

It still seems funny that I can use the same remote (the mute, power, and volume buttons control my tv) to control the tv and I can point it anywhere and it still works. This is what made me think the Tivo was to blame.

I'll try my friends Pronto tonight, as well as mine with new batteries, and report my findings. Thanks for your help.

Bob Kavanaugh

Second Unit
OK... My buddies pronto worked it great, no matter where you point. New batteries in my Tivo remote made no difference. Ugh... I was thinking about buying a Pronto but now I guess I will. Thanks fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks