What's new

My sonosub is complete! (1 Viewer)

Nick_Shah

Stunt Coordinator
It's finally done!
I started last Saturday with some shopping, and put the finishing touches on yesterday morning. Unfortunately, since I was using my Dad's workshop, and my apartment is currently being packed for a move, I won't be able to listen to the sub for a few weeks, but I'm itching for it!
The Shiva driver is in an EBS alignment, in a 18" tube with a full length 4" diameter PNR Aeroport. This should tune the sub to just under 20 Hz. I will post pictures and testing details in a few weeks time.
A big thanks goes out to the DIYers here who helped me with questions and problems before and during the construction. I consulated Patrick Sun's and Dustin B's websites extensively. In addition, if you happen to have a DIY sub website up (sonosub or traditional), I probably read through it too.
Dan Wiggins of Adire Audio was a great help, as was Bob Reimer, who is the Canadian Adire dealer.
A special thanks goes out to Dustin for giving me the initial push. I wrote him an email asking about the Paradigm PDR-10, and here I have my own DIY sub a few months later.
I still have 8' of sonotube, a couple of T-nuts, and a half tube of caulking left, I wonder what I should do with all that... :)
-Nick

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
A few weeks. Damn that takes will power. I won't last an evening little lone several weeks before I'd drag a receiver and a couple speakers out just to hear the thing.
And didn't you know, you don't get any cudos until we see pics ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks