What's new

My Sonic Impact Project (1 Viewer)

Nat Ward

Agent
Hey guys - though I'd share a few pics of a project I've been working on a little bit at a time over the last few months. I took a Sonic Impact chip amp, ripped it apart and installed it, and a transformer, into a new chassis along with new RCAs, potentiometer, LED, speaker terminals, etc. I think it turned out pretty cool, but then again I haven't heard it yet :) . Everything fit into the chassis with just enough space, I got lucky! I've turned it on and so far no smoke, smells or anything else - but I'm not 100% confident in my electrical skills (hence becoming a mechanical engineer), so I'll hold off on trying it until next weekend when I'll hopefully finish up a set of Tang Band 871s's - don't want to fry my Paradigms on her first use. No clue what I'll use it for yet as I live in an apartment and my main system is what I listen to at all times, but it was pretty fun and maybe I'll pass it on to the parents for their workout room. Anyway - if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them! Other pics here - http://photobucket.com/albums/v140/Nat_Ward/.
Nat

[c] [/c]

[c] [/c]

[c] [/c]

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
nice job of implementing it all in that small box.

before hooking it up to speakers, test it using a multimeter, see what the DC offset is at the output terminals, shouldn't be prob more then 100mv. But if you just took the circuit from one box and put it in another you should be fine, seeing that you powered it up with no load and you didn't eff up the power supply.

BTW looks like you spent more on the RCA and binding posts then the chip amp is worth, gotta love ICs

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks