What's new

My son has died, need some Zoolander references for the eulogy (1 Viewer)

James_S

Second Unit
Quote:
In honor of Tim, I suggest we all take every effort we can to make sure all of those around us drive safely over the holidays.

AMEN!

Hugh, God Bless you and your family.

At this time I shed a tear for you and your family.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time...

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Hugh,
words cannot convey the sympathy I am feeling. I am the father of two young boys and a girl. It is so easy to take my family for granted - then I hear tragedies like this. I will cherish them even more today than yesterday and think of your son while I watch them play. wherever he is I hope their laughter will reach him.

"No father should have to bury his son".

Michael Boyd

Second Unit
Oh God, im sorry sorry to hear this I'm wiping away my tears as I write this. Please know we all love you and are absolutely destroyed upon hearing the news of this. Be strong. And if anything arises feel free to post here.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Can't help with Zoolander...

But I wanted to stop in and offer my condolences. I can't even begin to imagine how that must feel.

Hang in there.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Hugh,

So many things have already been said. God bless you and God bless your family and friends that are hurting with you in this time. I don't know if you are a "religious" man or not but if so, find peace in the knowledge that your son is in a place a thousand times more pure and beautiful than anything that can be found down here. You may grieve but do not grieve for your son for he does not feel pain anymore. He is absolutely unburdened. You may be hurting but take delight in the fact that Tim is not. I don't know what else to say but I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we are all sorry and most of us including myself cannot even begin to feel the pain of your loss. These words may mean nothing but know we sympathize with you and our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Not much of a Ben Stiller fan so I havent seen Zoolander, sorry.

God Bless you and your family. I am truly sorry for your loss. I dont have kids but want them someday so I cant imagine what you are feeling.

Again, my condolences.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Terribly sorry to hear about your loss Hugh. I couldn't possibly imagine what you're feeling right now, so I can't offer empathy, but I will remember your son in my prayers.

Clint B

Second Unit
Hugh, I'm sorry for your loss. I can't relate to what you're going through at this time, but I hope that you and your family pull through it. I hope it helps for you to know that there are so many people who care. God bless.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Thanks to all for your kind thoughts and prayers. I do not have the words to tell you how much they have been a comfort to my wife and me.

Christmas has come and gone and it did bring a small bright spot to the hole that has been created in our lives. My other son, Dennis, is so much a typical normal kid about Christmas, that his joy was a balm on our wounds.

Christmas Eve, on the other hand, was surreally awful. I spent the morning at the mortician's making arrangements. We chose to provide our own container for Tim's ashes, so we were in a little antique shop, surrounded by happy people making their last minute selections, looking for the just right box. The worst pain though, was taking the wooden box that we selected back to the mortician's on our way to Christmas Eve service.

I am grateful to the mortician however for the extra effort on Tim's behalf. His driver raced to retrieve Tim from the Orange County Health Department before they (understandably) closed the office early to have Christmas with their families. And them the mortician stayed late when he should have gone home to take care of Tim for us.

We brought his ashes home today. Also devastating.

Chris, you provided me with exactly what I needed. Thank you. I am writing the yagoogly now. The church will be full of traumatized children; a tiny little bit of humor from a fellow mourner might help them tolerate a funeral better.

Jason, I am especially thankful for the links. I have scanned the content. I am sure that at the right time I'll be more able to use them. Those links are forward looking. I'm still looking back in anger and frustration right now.

Kevin, I am a religious man. Not the creepy kind that you avoid, I hope, just a regular guy. I know that Tim doesn't need my prayers anymore, and that is part of the hurt. That he doesn't need me anymore. That and, of course, I will miss him and love him everyday of my life.

Friends, you've put out for me and I appreciate it more than I can say. Can you please do one thing more for me? Those of you who pray, say a line for Stuart, Kevin, and Camille. They were with Tim when he died. Also, say a prayer for Renee. She is just an innocent 18-year-old girl who was driving in the wrong place at the wrong time. She is shattered too.

My eulogy will close with a couple lines of verse that I and Mark Twain paraphrased from an Australian poet, Robert Richardson:

Warm summer sun, shine friendly here
Warm western wind, blow kindly here;
Green sod above, rest light, rest light,
Good-night, Timmer,
Sweetheart, good-night!

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Hugh, I can only offer my deepest sympathies and prayers. I am really shaken up by your loss and please know that my thoughts are with you. Although I am sure its been read by almost every forum member, I find Footprints in the Sand to be comforting in troubled times.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks