My So-Called Life

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Lara, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Lara

Lara Auditioning

Sorry if this has already been asked, I search for the topic but nothing came up. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew if they were planning on re-releasing MSCL on dvd. The only place to find it now is on ebay and its in pretty high demand.

2. RichP

RichP Second Unit

I wouldn't count on it. After the debacle that myself and others went through to get this set released in the first place, I doubt that anyone will undertake a 2nd release.

For better or worse, it's out there if you can find it for a decent price.

3. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

Ahhhh!!! Bringing back painful memories now.

Although, doesn't Disney have the full rights to it now? I can see them maybe releasing it sometime in the future.

4. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

According to TVShowsOnDVD, Shout Factory will be releasing MSCL on 10/30!!!

Great news. I can finally throw away my old set. Just looking at it brings up painful memories of the earlier release.

Since it is Shout Factory, it will probably have all sorts of great extras, and hopefully better transfers. My VHS copies looked better than the previous set.

5. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

Among the extras, I would like Shout! Factory to get Jason Katims who was a writer on this series (and is the show runner on "Friday Night Lights") involved for commentary and such. It's his writing on this series that led me to watch "Roswell" when it first premiered on the WB among a few other factors. I would also like to see co-star Devon Gummersall (Brian Krakow) and composer W.G. Snuffy Walden (who also works on "Friday Night Lights"). If these three were involved, and having Shout's involvement, I would definitely buy it (for the "Roswell" connection alone).

6. Roni F

Roni F Stunt Coordinator

I'm so happy this is being re-released, and that it's being done by Shout Factory, which did such an amazing job with Freaks and Geeks.

I hope that they can get as many of the writers and actors as possible to do commentary or interviews. I really hope they ask Wilson Cruz to participate, because Rickie was my favorite character. It seems likely that he would do it, too, because he's spoken fondly of the show over the years.

7. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

this seems like a great time to reissue it considering Jared Leto's recent rock stardom with 30 Seconds To Mars, many of his little teenage girl fans will eat this up just to see their emo god