What's new

My So Called life DVDs look like crap (1 Viewer)

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Did anyone else out there pick up box set of "My So Called Life" TV series on DVD. The picture quality is down right horrid. Its all pixilated and looks like a VCD. Did I happend to pick up a bad set or are they all like that?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
It's a fairly washed out looking show to begin with. While I agree the DVDs don't look fantastic, I'm not disgusted with them. I've seen much worse. I think it accurately represents how they looked when original aired.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I thought it was fine, but I'm not exactly the pickiest guy in the world when it comes to transfers. In any case, it's as good as you'll get. This was one of those shows shot on film but edited on videotape, so it's at the mercy of the original circa-1994 telecine masters.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yes, they weren't the best quality. My off air copies looked better. Some of the source material appeared to be damaged, you had drop out lines going through a few episodes.

But after the nightmare it was to get them, I'm not going to complain.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I wish I could complain, but I still don't have my bonus disc, or the gift certficate, or the lunchbox. So I will be "happy" with the DVD's I have, even if I paid at least double what they are available for off the shelf...

Complaining only gets you placed in a "never contact this person again" list with AU.com which may, or may not still be in existance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks