My shiva project is a go... I think?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn Solar, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

Actually I have just have a couple of questions before I commit to a design. I am having a hard time deciding on the type of enclosure to use. I am either going to use a PR with the shiva in an EBS enclosure. Or, I am going to go with the SBB4 ported shiva. The reason I chose these two is basically size limitations. They're more or less the same dimensions.
    So my question is basically is the extra cost for pr worth the extra performance? will there be any added benefit? the other thing I have been debating is becuase I am in Canada the exchange rate and taxes is going to drasically raise the price. Could I use a comparable car audio sub? just a thought cuz I am just a poor college kid. thanks for any and all responses

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

If the enclosure is close to the same, I'd go with the cheaper vented solution (provided the port will fit in the enclosure without many necessary pipe bends). Most people go with the PR because they need to get to a smaller sized enclosure.

3. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

I agree with Patrick, if cost is a factor go with the ported alignment. Both a PR and vent will give nearly equal performance in the same box.
    Go with your initial thoughts and pick up a Shiva over a car sub...you wont regret it!
    BTW, they are backordered until about October 5 or 8th.
    [​IMG]
    ------------------AOL Instant Messenger Name: kyler70