What's new

My Sherwood sd-860 is now Deadwood!!!! (1 Viewer)

scott>c

Second Unit
My Sherwood Sd-860 dvd player is now Deadwood. I moved my player from my home theatre to my living room setup. I just got a Toshiba Hd-a1 a few weeks back and was hoping to replace a Pioneer dv-578 there. Well I hooked it all up and tested it with a sacd and it played great. Couple days later I went to put a disc in for my daughter and nothing. It`ll take the disc and load and then read NO DISK. I`m in no way a Sherwood basher as I have the P965 and A965 in my setup and absolutely love the performance. I`m just shocked that this player which has a build date of 2005 isn`t working. Ive got a cheap old Apex thats lasted longer and the Pioneer is like a tank. This thing will never have a hard time with discs. The Sherwood was a lil more sensitive like one of my fellow co-workers. I bought this unit off a fellow member so I`m out on the warranty. Anyone have any ideas why it happened or how to fix it. I tried it back in my old setup with the same effects. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

scott>c

Second Unit
I just sent my dvd player back to Sherwood. I`ll let everyone know how things turn out.

scott>c

Second Unit
Sherwood fixed my unit and their customer service is top notch!!! Thank u Eugene at Sherwood and fellow member Andrew Pratt. These 2 guys are real class acts!!!!

scott>c

Second Unit
Sherwood fixed my unit and their customer service is top notch!!! Thank u Eugene at Sherwood and fellow member Andrew Pratt. These 2 guys are real class acts!!!!

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Scott, I'm glad to hear everything worked out well. My own SD-860 has performed flawlessly, but it's nice to know the service is good if I ever need it.

scott>c

Second Unit

Believe me Eugene was very professional.Very comforting knowing they stand behind what they sell!!! I`m also pleased it was handled well since I own the The 965 seperates. Hell they even do firmware updates quite frequently on the p965!!!! Sherwood has definately proven to me that they are very consumer friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks