What's new

My setup calibration suggestions? (1 Viewer)

afireinside

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Ok I am new stumbled onto this great site! I need to know what DVD/BRD program to use to calibrate my TV?

My TV is a year old Vizio Gallivia GV47LF 10A (bummed they now have the 20A with 4 HDMI's, cant complain though bought it for $750.00 shipped open box from a site last August!!!) so its resolution is 1920 x 1080 and a nice TV though I think I need it set up..... We run a Playstation 3 HDMI (Blu Ray), a xbox 360 HDMI (DVD 1080p) and a nintendo Wii Component (480p) and Comcast HD DVR cable box Component (1080i).

If I am correct the TV can have different color settings for each input? So should I get a BR program run it through the PS3's HDMI port at 1080p, switch the PS3 to the xbox's HDMI port run it again at 1080p, then switch to my old PS2 Component cables on the Wii and cable box? Or do I need a separate BR and a DVD?

Last what program?!? AVIA: II? or Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials??
I want the best most accurate one! thanks all!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Then check the Display section and have one of the ISF calibrators make a trip to your house and calibrate each input. It may cost as much as your TV but it would guarantee the absolute best picture.

I use the older VE and love the results. I have also used it with my Radio Shack SPL meter to calibrate my sound system as well.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks