My Screenshot Page

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bjoern Roy, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

The screenshots of various movies that i did in the last few month were scattered throughout several threads. And i still haven't had the time to do an extensive homepage about my HT concepts.
    So, in the meantime, i decided to put together a quick 'Screenshot Page', were all my recent pictures can be found in seperate thumbnail pages. There is also some basic information about my HT and how the pictures were taken. The link to the HTF thread were i explained some of my HT concepts in more detail is also provided.
    I revisted and uploaded all screenshots again. This time, i downsampled all from the original 2160x1440 to 800x533 instead of 720x480. They are quite a bit more detailed now. Additionally, i corrected all those shots that were originally slightly or completely underexposed, by raising their white level just so that no clipping occured.
    I deleted some shots and added some new ones. As soon as i take more, they are going to be posted to that site.
    The link to the page is the leftmost in my signature.
    Regards
    Bjoern
    ------------------
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" (Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch')
    My HT in action (Screenshot Page) | My Ultimate 'Edge Enhancement' Guide | My DVD/LD SPL page
    [Edited last by Bjoern Roy on July 13, 2001 at 07:05 PM]

2. Sebastian_M

Sebastian_M Stunt Coordinator

Very Nice!
    You must have a lot fun with that setup!
    Seb
    ------------------
    "I deem him one of the greatest beings alive in our time. I do not see his like elsewhere. His name will live in English letters; it will live in the annals of war; it will live in the legends of Arabia." - Winston Churchill on T.E. Lawrence

3. Chad C

Chad C Auditioning

Thanks Bjoern! Those are the best digicam screenshots I've seen, very impressive, the detail & color are amazing. [​IMG] Is much of the detail lost during resizing in Photoshop? Any chance you will be doing North by Northwest or any of the classic Bond films next? [​IMG]

4. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

Sebastian,
    you bet! Basically the 'setup' is impeccable, its the huge variances in the 'source' (good/bad DVD transfer, sound mixes) that dictate the amount of enjoyment and envelopment.
    Chad,
    the slight detail loss is due to several issues, resizing being one of them.
    I heard a lot of great things about the NBNW transfer, i will have to check it out!
    ------------------
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" (Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch')
    My HT in action (Screenshot Page) | My Ultimate 'Edge Enhancement' Guide | My DVD/LD SPL page

5. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

I'm not sure if you know this, or if it's just my browser, but I can't access your TS2 full sized screenshots. I can see the thumbnails, but I get a "page not found" error when I click on one (they're all like that).

6. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

Thanks for the notification! I fixed it, does it work now?

7. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Bjoern:

8. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

I just tried to view them, but the actual screenshots didn't load. Is it a server problem?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

9. Tom Bley

Tom Bley Extra

I can never see them either! I've tried several times in the past!

10. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  11. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

I was under the impression that it worked for everyone, because noone complained after i changed it the last time. Thanks for pointing out that in fact it didn't. Sorry about that!
    I investigated the issue and i assume those who had problem with loading the pics where using Netscape?
    If thats the case, then i think i solved the puzzle. The seems to be a bug in Netscape. The links in my thumbnail-pages started with ".Thumbnail" and ".Images". Note the "" instead of "/". Thats the way my thumbnail page generator spit out the pages.
    Internet Explorer didn't have a problem with this at all. I also tested with Netscape and *locally* (on my HD) Netscape correctly resolved those links (the dot meaning 'current directory'). But Netscape DOESN'T resolve them correctly once they were uploaded on the net! The links didn't get resolved at all, which resulted in links that contained "/Gladiator/.Images" which obviously doesn't work [​IMG] Stupid Netscape.
    Again, sorry for that. Could people please verify if it works for them now. What about the other pages in my signatur, do they work properly for everyone?
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Best regards
    Bjoern
    Neil,
    when i navigate your site, i only see small screenshots (like thumbnails) that don't expand when clicked upon. I just wanted to make sure thats the way its supposed to be.
    ------------------

12. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Bjoern,
    You have an awesome setup, and the screenshots are incredible [​IMG] thanks for sharing. I promise you I'm not trying to be a wanker here, but I noticed something and I'm truly curious about it. There seems to be a thin bluish vertical strip at the very left edge of the (movie) image. Does this have to do with projectors or is it something to do with the screenshots? Or maybe I need my eyes checked [​IMG]
    Blue strip or not, they look amazing.

13. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

I updated my Gladiator screenshots. There are now 6 shots of higher resolution, instead of over 20 low-res shots.
    All of my shots exhibit a slight blue tint, especially in the darker parts, which is typical for digipics btw. I tried to modify them a little, not too much, though. It would be really difficult to get the color temperature of the pictures to match what i see on my screen (6500k +/- 200K). Also, the color temperature of your monitors is also part of the equation...
    The new shots (and older ones) can be reached through the screenshot link in my signature.
    Here is a quick link to the Gladiator pics:
    http://home.t-online.de/home/bjoern....or/page_01.htm
    Have fun.
    Regards
    Bjoern
    Brett,
    there is actually a slight blue/purple border on both sides of the pictures. Most of it is due to 'chromatic aberration', an effect that occurs with camera lenses at the edges of pictures. On top of that, i had a very slight misconvergence of the blue gun at the top left corner of the picture when i took the pictures. The misconvergence was about 1-2 pixels of 1920 and only in a 2 inch wide band in that corner. My NEC's point convergence (over 200 per gun) takes care of that.
    ------------------
    [Edited last by Bjoern Roy on September 22, 2001 at 05:59 PM]