What's new

My Sanyo PLV-60 Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Nice job guys. Both of your theaters look good. Nice update Felix.

The Sanyo PLV-60ht is a front projector to reckon with.

Jon

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Looks great Felix!

Did you compare the PLV-60 to any other LCD or DLP projectors, and if so, can you comment on the differences in the PJ's you saw?

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Nice job Felix. This looks like a room that is not only a great home theater, but a pleasant place to spend some time just enjoying the surroundings. You've obviously chosen your components very well.

Deane

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Everyone -

Thanks for the nice comments!

Ray - Nice photos!!

Jon - I have the original PLV-60 before the HT came out a few months later last Summer. I think the only difference is the HT has 100 or 200 less lumens.

Scott - yes, I compared quite a few LCD and DLP projectors. I have yet to see a 1 chip DLP without "rainbow" or color fringing, but then again, for some reason, I'm very sensitive to that. The PLV-60 has excellent contrast for an LCD, and to my eyes was the most pleasing picture. Combined with a Grayhawk screen, the image is excellent.

I've heard the Sanyo 21n has an even better picture, but it does not have 16:9 LCD panels.

I was very concerned with spending a good chunk of money and not getting a picture I would be satisfied with, but the combo of PLV-60, Panasonic RP-91 progressive scan dvd player and Stewart Grahawk screen has exceeded my greatest expectations!

Deane - yes, friends and family enjoy the room, and it is an excellent space to demo DVD-audio discs. I'm a musician who has played and recorded music for many years, and when I first cranked up Steely Dan's DVD-audio disc of Two Against Nature, I was astounded. I have not heard such a quantum leap in audio since I bought my first CD in the mid '80s.

Thanks again,

Felix

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
Felix:
WOW!
What a great Projector you have!
I wish I could afford the Plv-60, but for now the Plv-30 has to do..(sigh)
You have a great HT.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks