What's new

My RP TV just died so... (1 Viewer)

Trevor H

Second Unit
... I need some advice on what to replace it with. I want to get a plasma that is at least 57" that has a really good picture without having to be calibrated (I live in a small town in Canada so no one close to do it)
I used to post on here all the time a few years ago but haven't in a long time cause I was really happy with my HT setup so I'm a bit out of the loop as to the current technology.
So I am back to be enlightened =)

Trevor H

Second Unit
I just found a deal on a Samsung PN58A550 but the sale ends today, anyone have any exp. with this model or advice?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

58" samsung is a nice one. Use movie mode for most accurate out of box. Then use test disc to fine tune it.

Chances are ... if you had an uncalibrated RPTV for a while ... there will be no change here. Reflection there ... reflection here. Status Quo.

regards

Trevor H

Second Unit
Thanks Michael, the tv that blew up was a Hitachi 57TWX20B it was calibrated as far as I could get it by myself with an Avia disc and your help to get into the service menu to fix the red push =)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks