What's new

My Rockets are finally on the way....!!!! (1 Viewer)

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I can't believe it but my HT Rocket set up is finally on the way. Mark Schifter at AV123 did a very big favor for me in doing a one time oak set for me. I will be forever grateful. But cant wait to get them here and give them a run! Stay tuned....

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Great pictures over there Mike.

For those who are not aware of the site, check out this thread.

I know these speakers well and they will sound even better than they look.

What are you doing for a sub?

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Sweet!!! Those are really nice, Mike....although I prefer my Rosewoods ;-)

Congrats on the new speakers. I know you've waited a long time (probably longer than anyone else) for THESE puppies. Do let us know what you think when you get a chance to listen to them.

JeanVanDam

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats! How long is the wait usually from the day you make the purchase? I'm going to get them myself, real soon!:D

DanaA

Screenwriter
Mike, hope all is well with you. Those speakers are amazing. I have no doubt that they'll sound as special as they look. :emoji_thumbsup:

Lew, thanks for the link. I'm telling you that, even though I don't own Rockets, every time I read about Mark, well...he's not just special for audio gear, but just an amazing person. He is the kind of guy that would take the shirt off his back to give you.

Reading that thread made me feel so much better about humankind. :)

Richard_M

Second Unit
Congratulations Mike, those speakers look great in Oak...

I love the contrast look between the drivers and the cabinets, always been one of my likes.

Joey_V

Second Unit
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
thats all i can say.... rockets have always been tempting!!

Nhan_H

Second Unit

JeanVanDam,

The wait should be about a week for most people on most of their products. The only things that were usually on back-order were the UFW10 subs in rosewood. Poor Mike had to wait because he wanted the only rockets ever made in oak veneer. It was great to see Mark go out of his way to do that for Mike. It took a while since it had to be custom tailored :)

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Yea it took about a year to be exact... Can't wait until the end of next week to finally get them here. For the above person that asked about subs... I have an SVS PB2+. I really owe Mark alot over at AV123 for doing this for me. What a fantastic guy!

qualen

Agent
So what's the whole story? You refused the other two finishes and requested the rockets in Oak about a year ago?

Nhan_H

Second Unit

I'll allow Mike to retort with the longer story, if he wants to share, but the shorter version is that his entertainment center was made of oak, and neither colors (m. ebony or rosewood) would match with what mike had. I even joked with him to throw out the entertainment center, but that was his baby, and it was too bulky and heavy to deal with.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
The simple answer is this... I met Mark Schifter and developed a friendship with him that is like no other. His is a fantastic kind hearted man. At the time he had been helping me deal with a pretty bad health issue which still continues for me. He offered to do a one run off in oak and I took him up on it for which I will be forever grateful as they are beutiful and from a great honest company that truly cares about people not just moving product. Thats really all I care to share in public. Thanks for understanding but there are alot of folks that knew what was going on a year ago and was always asking me when I was finally getting them. Well the time has finally come!
Mike

BobAlbano

Second Unit
Mike Congrats on your new Rockets.

I know it has been a long wait for you in getting these. MLS, his employees, and products are all first rate. Please post some pictures once you get everything up and running! Good health and sound to you Mike! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks