What's new

My "Return to Wolfenstein" should arrive today (1 Viewer)

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
According to Fedex tracking it is arriving today. Unfortunately I am flying out for the weekend tonight :frowning: At least I can try it out after I get back. It will be interesting to see if my system can handle this bad boy since I only have a 933 Pentium III and a GeForce GTS 64MB. I will provide a report on Sunday, when I get back from my trip and try it out, or supplement others reports if you all are talking about it already :)
Cheers,
Kenneth

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I ordered the Tin from EBgames.com so that is what I am receiving today. Looking forward to taking down Nazi Zombies again ;)
Kenneth

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno, for such a hyped game it's pretty blah so far (I'm not all that far through yet of course, just a couple of hours in).

I don't see any real inspiration in the level design or gameplay. The AI looks interesting, but so far I've only fought a maximum of 3 or 4 enemies at once and they don't seem to do anything clever apart from crouch-strafing or running away when they come under fire.

Maybe it's just the case that I've played just about every FPS there ever was and I'm getting more than a bit jaded. Still, even though this game is nicely polished, I still feel disappointment in it overall. It's just the same old same old.

The best FPS game on the PC I've played this year is Clive Barker's Undying. Excellent atmosphere, level design, some nice set pieces and great story, even if it did fall apart somewhat towards the end.

If only 3DRealms would finish Duke Nukem Forever already...

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

I have a feeling that Duke Nuken Forever = Diakatana......just call it a 6th sense, but I have a really bad feeling about DNF.

Tomorrow I will find RTCW, I really want that patch that comes with the tin to put on my jacket....yes I am a dork

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
No way will I buy Duke Nukem Forever. Not after they credited Richard Gray's levels to someone else on the expansion pack. Regardless of the terms of him leaving the company, they shouldn't remove a person's name from his work.

...back to Wolfenstein, how is the performance? I'm kinda nervous about this one, as I have a P3 850, Radeon 64MB, and 512MB ram.

-Dave

RyanM

Agent
I have a P3/500, 512 MB RAM, GeForce2 GTS 32MB. I average 30fps, no lower than 20, with peaks at 90.

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I share the fear about DNF in many ways! However I work with a few people who are from the Dallas gamedev community and have friends at 3DR (I'm at Acclaim Austin, formerly Iguana), and apparently it's all coming together. Supposed to be released Q1 2002.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
No way will I buy Duke Nukem Forever. Not after they credited Richard Gray's levels to someone else on the expansion pack. Regardless of the terms of him leaving the company, they shouldn't remove a person's name from his work
If that's a policy you're consistent with, you can't be buying many games these days then? Taking names out of credits when they leave companies is a regular occurance with a LOT of game companies.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Started playing yesterday, pretty sweet game.. I must say the visuals and in particular the in game sound effects are very good. I'm on 1024x768x32 with Quincunx AA & it looks really, really nice. I'm half way through mission 4 atm and I am lovin' it! (taking valuable time away from my GC!), got that whole Indiana Jones theme to it too :). If you are a big FPS fan you need to give this a go.. recommended!

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
I'm definitely going out and picking this up tomorrow! I absolutely loved the Multiplayer Test (even if it was only that one level). How's the Multiplayer on the finished version? Did they change anything?
The best FPS I've ever played has to be Deus Ex - by far! Well, not that far I guess, considering that I was a Half-Life fanatic for awhile there.

Mike Pgh

Auditioning
Joe_C - I was a big fan of the multiplayer test as well. You won't be disappointed in the retail version. There are seven more maps and some are bigger, much bigger than the beach map. There's one mp map I really don't care for (the one with the submarine) but other than that it's awesome.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Anyone gotten the Trueform option to run? It appears to be something only the newer ATI 8500's can do. I have a Geforce 3 and when I click on that option the screen flickers like its changing resolution but the option goes back to "no"...hmmmm
The game so far is really fun. The graphics are nice and smooth (Playing at 1280X1024X32). The always dependable Quake 3 engine is rock solid. There is just something that is extremely fun about capping Nazi's:D

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Damn, I stopped by Best Buy today to pick it up, and, of course, they were all out. Well, I grabbed Black & White for $30. I played it awhile ago at my friend's house and really liked it, so I guess it will have to do until I can find a copy of RTCW.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Finished it this morning...

I was kinda dissapointed by the ending, and what was up with that boss? Those ranged attacks were not particularly creative allbeit annoying.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it - good visuals and a decent storyline... remains true to the original in some ways (some maps were very reminiscent).

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
i have been looking for this game for three days now, everyone is sold out of it! guess i will take the CC online!

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I got this on Friday and I'm loving it! I love the different moods and atmosphere. Alternately sunny one moment, pulsating the next, then dark and scary. It's a great combo of war-type adventure (I'm on the Forest level) and Doom-style horror. The Level 3 sequence (you'll know what I mean if you've seen the film) reminded me of Where Eagles Dare...excellent!

The original 2D Castle Wolfenstein was one of my favourite games in the early 80s. RtCW not only brings this all to life, but adds new elements which elevate it from the standard "escape" mission. Great stuff.

Joe

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Well, I played mine over the weekend on my Mom's Pentium IV with Geforce 2 MX 32 MB and then on my own computer when I returned (Pentium III with Geforce 2 GTS 64MB). It seemed to run okay on both although I can actually ratchet up the resolution and detail more on mine. It appears that if you have a good video card with 32MB or better and at least a Pentium II/III 400 then this game should run okay for you. I am definitely enjoying it so far. I just entered the catacombs (Mission 2, part 2).

Cheers,

Kenneth

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
I am really enjoying this game. Those fire effects are really cool. I won't hesitate recommending it.
I went to buy this the day after T-Day. No problems finding it at all. There was an installation problem though: I got an error message saying that "Installation File is Corrupt." The new copy was fine.
Anyway, I can't get past the Uber Soldat. It's driving me nuts. How do I kill this SOB?
Edit What's the SE tin like? I got the regular version. Anyone uncover any cheats?
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
The Uber Soldat drives me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks