What's new

My reciver wont recognize an optical cable. (1 Viewer)

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
I have a kenwood 6050. I have it hooked up to my DVD player with an optical cable. the dvd player is set up for DD and DTS output. when ever i swithch the input mode to digital manual it show coaxil and not optical. And I cant manualy change it. it has to detect the digital signal on its own. There is that red beam that is coming out of the cable. when doing this i am using DD encoded DVDs. Does anyone have a clue of whats wrong. bad cable?

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Do you have a coax dig input connected? is it hot? If so unplug the coax and only use the optical. . .
Some recievers claim many inputs when in reality thhey only have one, youu may not bbe able to switch back and forth between the two, it may be either/or
If you arre seeing the "light" your cable is probbalyy OK

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I had a bad end on a optical caable once and caused problems, if you have another try it. You can get a cheap one ( $10) to try. They will break and it is wise to avoid sharpp turns. I thinkk you said your player wassset to digital output. . .(hate this keyboard)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
My Kenwood VR-407 reciever (Part of a reciever, sat., & subwoofer package) also did not recognise an optical cable for the "DVD" input on the back. I didn't have a digital coaxial cable, or even a spare regular cable to hook it up with, so I just plug the DVD player into video-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks