My receiver only has one set of analog inputs for dvd-a?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre*C, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Andre*C

Andre*C Agent

What's a guy supposed to do if he wants to have dvd-audio and SACD? My receiver (b&k 305) only has one set of analog inputs. Is there any better solution than switching the wires every time?

2. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

you could connect a "y apdaptors" the inputs and connect both sets of cables to those. Or you could buy a dvd-a and sacd combo player I can only think of the the pioneer elite dv47a for about $800 online. they will be coming out with a new version of the 47a called the 47ai it will have firewire capability that's in about 3-4 months.

Daniel Smith

3. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Y adapters cause funky things to happen to the impedance, with one output loading down the other across the Y-Adapter. Y-adapters are designed to split an output, not split an input.

Getting two of the Radio Shack A-B Switchers @ $15 each is one potential solution. It isn't very pretty, and the connectors are very tightly spaced.

Shawn Fogg manufactures a switcher unit which is a bit pricier than the RS piece, and substantially better physically. Do a search on this forum, or AVS and you will find links to the device. You can probably PM him for more information.

Regards,