My reason to live: College

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis D, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

I just got back from what was invariably the best day of my life.

A little backstory here. First off, I was a fat child thoughout elementary. I then lost the weight and went to a very small private school from 6th grade to this, my Senior year. Add all that with the fact that I've always been somewhat of a nerd and you get a very anemic love life. I have never been one for smooth talking the ladies and they have never had that much use for me. Now I don't think I'm a perticularly ugly guy, just someone with low self esteem.

Anyways, today I attended the University of Alabama's Scolars' Day (A minimum of 27 on your ACT and a 3.5 GPA is required for invitation) and man o' man was I surprised! There were about 500 guys and 500 girls, all of whom were reasonably smart. And if you had told me yesterday I would be talking to hot (and not just nerdy hot, I mean cheerleader type hot) girls and them actually being into me, I would have called you some form of a dipshit idiot. But it did happen! It started with our cute little college Senior tour guide who I thought was smokin'. During our first session she came over and started talking to me! Pretty soon I'm flirting more in 15 minutes than I have ever done in my lifetime. Before I know it I'm sitting next to another girl and striking up good conversation and flirting some more! By the end of the day it became a little game with myself. I would pick out a girl and just start talking to her. It was eye-opening to say the least.

I've come to the conclusion that being in such a small school killed all chances for a normal love life because of the slim pickings. I also now know I am incompatible with stupid girls. (whom I'm in contact with everyday.) I realize whatever feelings I had for them were merely because of the lack of choice and that they were the only options until now.

This gives me a new look on life because I have been in a very deep depression over such things for some time now. I had been questioning my value as a person and whether or not "I'd ever find a girl who would like me." I now fuck my school. I'm looking forward to the fall. [​IMG]

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

lucky, in the college I enrolled at my university I was lucky to have 2, maybe 3 females in my classes. Usually it worked out that there'd be a couple in my class, but the same couple in all my classes, lol.

3. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Travis, while I'm engaged to the same girl I've been dating since I was 17, I'm now 22, I noticed this too about college. It is a lot easier to find girls that are compatible with you. I was lucky to find one while I was still in high school.

If you want to meet a LOT more attractive women, enroll in elementary education classes. I'm a senior in El. Ed. and I have never met so many different girls. Last semester I took a class that had 70 students, 5 males and 65 females. Talk about a nice ratio! [​IMG]

4. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

Just a little FYI, it's the tour guides job to talk to people.

5. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

6. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

7. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

Well.... yes I did laugh, but I do feel guilty about it. [​IMG]

After I read the comment all I could think of is Joe probably likes to go around telling kids there is no Santa Clause.

(Just kidding Joe.)

8. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Travis....helllll yaaaaa...i just got the phone number from the prettiest girl i've ever seen in my life. gotta wait three days now [​IMG]

here's to college!!!

[​IMG]

9. Will Pomeroy

Will Pomeroy Stunt Coordinator

Oh yeah, another tip for meeting hot girls in University, DON'T go into engineering. Well at least here at Universtiy of Ottawa its a total sausage fest. There are about 2 'do-able' girls in the entire engineering frosh of about 400. BUT, any other program, especially involving the body, ie, physio therapy, or human kinetics, ohhhhh man. Good thing I already have a hot girlie, or I would be srewed! (or not screwed, if you want to put it that way)

10. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I experienced the same thing when I was at orientation at UAB. This really hot girl with an endearing southern accent started making conversation with me. And then another, and then another. I was like, "These girls are crazy to talk to a guy like me, and I don't date girls with bad taste." So needless to say I'm in my senior year and single. [​IMG]

But really after the orientation I never saw those girls again and no one really approached me the same way after that. So make sure you get some numbers! [​IMG]

and just fyi- it's the first couple of years of college that are the best, it just gets old & tiresome from there imo.

11. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Here is my advice. Continue with your current methods, but turn it up a notch, and do it RIGHT NOW. Do not wait a single solitary second. Every time you see/meet a woman you are attracted to at the College, strike up a conversation that will lead you to going out for coffee or doing something together, anything, that will lead to dating/seeing that person. There are 500 men and 500 woman. If you see someone you really like and figure you'll ask them "out" eventually, don't bet on it. By the time you get around to it, she may be seeing someone else. To increase your odds, attend as many pubs, dances, bar outings, sports events, whatever. If there is an activity where College girls will be, then attend it. Enjoy and get what you can, sex, love, affection, future wife, whatever. [​IMG]

12. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

13. David_Moechnig

David_Moechnig Stunt Coordinator

14. Jin E

Jin E Second Unit

Sorry to hear you were at Alabama. The women are MUCH prettier down here on the plains of Awbuhn [​IMG]

College IS great. 22k people there's pretty good odds that you will find more then a few people that you're compatable with.