What's new

My Quest For A pre/pro and Amp (1 Viewer)

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
im not to fond of the whole 7 channel amp thing goin on anyway i was hoping for a 3 channel amp for the fronts and 2 channel for the rears cause even the pre/pro is 6.1 discrete im not interested enough to put a speaker there cause i cant tell the difference so why bother yah know.

ChiD

Auditioning
NAD? Someone mentioned NAD?
I've just got a NAD T163 7.1 a/v preamp a few days ago for
$1350. Still tinkering with it but great stuff coming out
of it so far.

RickLe

Stunt Coordinator
Allen you may wish to take a look at Sherbourn. They make a killer amp in the 7/2100 or the 5/5210 (upgradable to the 7/2100 by adding two more blocks) and a very nice pre/pro in the PT-7000. The 7000 isn't THX certified but it carries most other suites and Cirrus Logic which adds enhancement to your surround sound experience. The 7000 is regarded as a close cousin to the Outlaw but with beefier innards and a heck of a better look. Also mentioned here were the B&K Reference 50. In your price range I'd say the Outlaw, Sherbourn, B&K 50, Rotel or maybe a used Lexicon would fit the bill. Of course the B&K would be the only one besides an upgraded Lexicon that would carry THX for you. NAD, Sherwood have also put some new babies on the block but I think anything in new Lexicon, Krell etc category may overkill your budget.

Hope this helps a little.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
why do recievers have video ins/outs or whatever, i was thinkin about it and i cant figure out what there used for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks