What's new

My quest for a budget reciever- The continuing saga (1 Viewer)

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
As many of you know I have basically determined what I want in a budget home theater. I have decided on Fluance speakers and a DLS 10" sub. However, the reciever has been giving me a little trouble. As Dustin pointed out to me, many of the main stream companies(Panny, RCA etc...), publish misleading specs for their amps. Anyway, I was browsing the recivers,amps forum and I found this link to a Technics reciever and although it is rated for 100 watts x 5 at 6ohms. The specs are rated for a 20-20k frequency signal at .05% THD which is much better than the Panny I was looking at right? Here is the link to the product:
Technics Reciever
The price on this reciever is almost half of the MSRP which seems like a great deal, and should only cost me a about $360 Canadian with tax and shipping.
If this one is not good, can any one recommend a good reciever in the $300-400 Canadian price range?
Thank you for your patience.

sam_canavo

Stunt Coordinator
What Panny were you looking at? I have the sa-he9 and quite like it. There are a couple of minor drawbacks but I won't go into detail unless you'd like. I have been following your saga and can relate. Panasonic does have a new receiver, can't remember the model but retails around
450 canadian.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Here are some options in no particular order. Some might be a little over $400CDN or require some haggling to get them under $400.

You can also see if you can find any of these, or previous years models used on ebay on in your local classifieds.

Onkyo tx-sr500
Denon 1602
Harman Kardon AVR120 or 125
Yamaha RX-V420 or 430 or 520 (yamaha has some other numbers for essentially the same receivers depending on where you get them)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks