What's new

My PSW-D112 finally bit the dust... (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Considering all the problems people had with this sub, I got 2 1/2 years out of mine before today. Not bad for about $120. Basically, my sub started thumping hard at regular intervals (about 20 seconds) and the smell of smoke permiated the room.

The question is, what do I do now. Now, I would like to replace it with an SVS, but right now, money is tight.

Has anyone tried replacing the amp in this sub? Maybe that might be the cheaper, cost effective way of doing things...

Jason

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Sorry about your sub Jason. To bad you don't have a spare to tide you over? I can think of options but think it best to let the more knowledgeable members answer this one. Hope you get it worked out quick.:emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to say it only took five min to replace the amp in mine. Eight screws and one wire to unclip. Mine was under warranty though. If you do decide to go this rout your sub could be much more complicated or it might be even easyer than what I experienced?

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
You might be able to fix your sub by replacing a capacitor on the amp. Mine started doing the same thing as yours, but I fixed it with a $2 part. It's been a while since I did it, so let me take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks