my PS2 won't play in DD or DD-DTS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bernard L, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Bernard L

Bernard L Stunt Coordinator

no matter what media I put in there, it only outputs stereo sound!

I have it hooked to my receiver with toslink cable and dumped in some DVDs and none of them register as DD or DTS audio on my receiver.

am I missing something?

2. NickC

NickC Second Unit

if this is your problem, you may have to turn the DD DTS on using an on screen menu. To get to this menu load a DVD, when the dvd is loaded and running, press select on the contoller to get to the menu, find Setup or something like that and inside of the setup go to the audio menu and turn the digital output on and DD and DTS on, that should fix your problem

3. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

In the Audio Setup menu you need to turn on DD and DTS and Digital Out (Optical). See page 8 of the PS2 manual. If those are on and its still not working, then I have no idea what your problem is, something must be broken then.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    This is a common problem. EVERY friend I have who has tried to use 5.1 on the PS2 has had problems.

Put in a DVD, press STOP (circle). You will get a menu. Go to Setup - audio setup and turn Optical digital on. Then you will have the ability to turn on DD and DTS.