What's new

My 'PREDATOR' appreciation thread. (1 Viewer)

Beau

Supporting Actor
First off, I'd like to say that I am new here. I recently bought the Predator dts DVD. I LOVE the movie Predator. I belive that it is Arnie's best movie. It is also one of my favorite action movies of all time. Predator 2 wasn't bad, although it could of been better. I hope that a Special Edition DVD comes out soon. Maybe it'll be a Five Star edition. I read someone here heard that a big SE was being planned. Could you please post a link to were you have heard it please. That is really sweet news. Hope that a Predator 3 is going to be made, of possibly an Aliens vs. Predator movie. Although it would be better if it was Predator vs. Aliens.;)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
RobertR - He was talking about the pre-release advertising and publicity. Of course the Predator was shown in the film.

Regards,

AaronP

Stunt Coordinator
ohh Predator, I've even got the commercials from my 12 year old VHS tape of a TV version of it memorized.

Has anyone else here seen the ultra rare footage that was only shown at some test screenings, and overseas of Billy fighting the predator on the bridge? In the most common versions, we just hear his scream, but there's a really awesome fight scene that was filmed that didn't make it. It's REALLY gory, and only lasts like 45 seconds, but Billy gets some moves in.

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron. Don't tell me that. 45 seconds!!!!. Damn it, you are killing me. They got to put this on that S.E. being planned.

So it was shown on test screenings here and international test screenings or international regular screenings?

I am drooling.

John. Thanks for starting this thread. I didn't think it would still be alive. I have some posts planned in the future so sit tight

AaronP

Stunt Coordinator
it didn't show over here in the USA because well, Billy got scalped. In Europe, that doesn't have any meaning, but the indians over here might not have liked it. Even back in 87, political correctness ruined things.

One other thing I remember is that Billy cuts the Predator pretty good with his knife, and later on there is a scene where Arnold is going into the cave and finds the green blood from the cut that Billy gave it that didn't get healed. Now, I haven't seen this for over 10 years, so its a little sketchy, but I got it pretty much right.

The version of Predator I saw is kinda like Star Trek II, there is the established theatrical cut we all saw, and every once in awhile, you see the longer cut with Peter Preston and the extended scenes. Except this predator version is much more rare than the Trek II whick isn't hard to get ahold of.

TomJD

Agent
I hope a Predator SE is coming soon also containg the lost footage.By the way you can find an awesome 18" Predator statue on eBAY.It was made by Kenner for their now defunct "Cinemacast" line(which also made the great Darth Vader piece and a Jurrasic Park Veciloraptor).Just go to eBAY and search using "cinemacast".This statue has to be the best Predator collectible out there.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Anybody around here collect or read any of the Predator comics by Dark Horse? I used to read them quite a bit and I have a fairly nice collection of them (especially the crossovers) but I haven't really been into the comic scene lately. Any interesting crossovers going on? The last ones I remember buying and reading were the "Predator vs JLA" one-shot and the 3-part "Superman vs Predator" series. I highly recommend Predator fans tracking down any of the comics.

"Predator vs Judge Dredd" was surprisingly interesting as well.

The only bad thing about the comics...

The Predator almost always loses.

I think Fox should put information about the comics (maybe a Predator timeline or something) on a future DVD Special Edition. It would be an interesting way to re-generate fan interest in the series.

Steve Clark

Second Unit
Has anyone else here seen the ultra rare footage that was only shown at some test screenings, and overseas of Billy fighting the predator on the bridge? In the most common versions, we just hear his scream, but there's a really awesome fight scene that was filmed that didn't make it.
Wow. This explains it. The movie builds Billy up to be some mythical character and he seems to die with hardly a fight. Didn't the actor who played Billy also turn in a nice performance as one of the two bad guys in "48 Hours"? What a surprising performance by Jesse in this movie. Once in a while you are surprised by the performance of a non full-time actor in a movie. Howie Long in Broken Arrow also comes to mind. The pacing and build-up of Predator is fantastic.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
hehe sorry guys, I was just messin wit ya. There is no Billy fight scene
AaronP, you know the scene from Predator where they find the men strung up by the ankles & skinned. We'll that could happen to you for pulling this prank. Some guys get pretty emotional around here when they get there hopes up & then it's smashed into the ground. HaHa, just messin with ya. We won't skin you up. Just torture you a little.:D
Peace-Have a nice day:)

Beau

Supporting Actor
Hey John Williamson, where did you hear that there is a big SE being planned? That is really cool. Could you please post a link to where you heard this? Thanks.:)

ozar

Agent
Real Name
bob
Just finished watching it for about the 10th time on the 16:9 widescreen - it's definitely a keeper. In many ways, it seems like it was released far ahead of its time. The special effects still look as good as many of those coming out now. Good thread...

Beau

Supporting Actor
First there was the original DVD, then they released the dts enhanced widescreen, and now over at amazon.com it has a Full-frame edition coming out in May! When is Fox going to release SE or 5-Star Edition in R1!?!?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hey guys! Sorry i've been away so long.:)
Did any of you happen to catch the 'Backstory' edition on AMC about 'Predator'? This was the very first time I had ever seen ANY behind the scenes material on ths film! It was pretty good stuff, I was most surprised to see what the first 'Predator' design looked like, it sucked! Plus it was too small.
Glad they dumped Van Damm and got Kevin Peter Hall.
And apparently the CIA has developed a suit to be worn by soldiers, that makes appear transparent, just like the Predator! I shit you not!

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
John,

You beat me to the post. I too liked it. And if 20th Century Fox is smart they will include this in any 5 star or Special Editon of Predator they do. I'll be ready at 10pm to tape the re-run of it. Now if I can remember which closet I put the vcr into.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks