my posts went down?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sam E. Torres, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

i was getting really close to 900...i think it was like in the 890s...and now its 863...am i seeing things?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    [email protected]

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I hear the mods are no longer counting posts to the Word Association thread and are in the process of subtracting all previous WA replies from our post counts... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
    -- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

3. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

damn
    Double post, Sorry
    [Edited last by Ricky f on October 08, 2001 at 01:02 PM]

4. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

That really does suck Steve
    Regards,
    Ricky

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Why? WA threads are pretty lame, and don't really reflect one's contribution to the HTF. Either way, it's not like we get a little gold star for every 1,000 posts we managed to post here. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; LDs

6. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

It may be time to consider an independent post count auditor. This is too important to leave to chance. Would there be enough money left over from the new server for such a project?
    Jim
    Could we have a feature that would cause my posts to vaporize in 60 seconds?
    [Edited last by Jim Armstrong on October 09, 2001 at 03:36 PM]

7. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Sam:
    I'm not sure what would have happened with your post counts. And NO we do not reduce anyone's post count by deleting a thread, etc. Once you have posted something it counts towards your total post count.
    Parker