What's new

My poor kitty is sick...... (1 Viewer)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Heres a question to all cat owners.
I went away for a few days over the holidays. I come home to many piles of nice orange partially digested cat food vomit. What I first thought was since he had such an abundunce of food he may be over-eating, but then I seen a few "leaves" from one of my plants in one of the piles.
The plant in question is here: http://www.dracaena.com/Marginata.asp
However, today, I fed him, and yet again he is throwing up non-digested food, and now I am concerned. Should I take him to the vet? Someone suggested hair-balls.... Personally, I dont know.....Thats why I am here :)
Thanks for any help...
B

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Oh. BTW... He doesnt "look" sick, is acting normally. Just cant keep the food down......
Thanks again

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would definitely take to the vet (or at least call and inquire ASAP). Possibly an intestinal blockage? He may act OK now, but it could become serious in a couple days.

Richard_T

Second Unit
It can't hurt to have him looked at. That's what I'd do anyway if my kitty were in that situation. Good Luck. I'll hope for the best.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, call the vet first thing, and get rid of that plant. You'll probably never be able to keep the cat away from it now unless you can hang it out of reach.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all the help. I did see the plant he was munchin' on (Madagascar Dragon Tree) is on the "list"
I have removed the plant from the house, and plan on calling the vet to see if anything further should be done.

HienN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hien
I hope your cat is OK.

I have always been a dog person so don't know a lot about cats, but once I was cat-sitting for a friend and had that cat eat the same Dragon tree leaves. The cat vomited a bit. I took him to a vet but was told to just watch him for a few days to make sure he got well. He didn't show any further symptoms, and lived happily after that.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Whenever my cat exhibits even the slightest deviation from normal health or behavior, he's off to see his doctor. Don't take chances. Get that cat looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.