My PLUS has arrived!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott A Withers, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Scott A Withers

Scott A Withers Auditioning

The UPS man in the big brown truck just delivered my 20-39 CS+! It is serial number 00010 - I cannot wait to set this baby up tonight and give it a test run (or twenty)! This is my first SVS (or any sub for that matter) so I will not have much comparison input but whatever feedback I have will be up later.

2. Michael Murphy

Hurry and get that thing set up so you can post your review. We're all dying to know how great it sounds.

Michael

3. KevinHunt

KevinHunt Stunt Coordinator

Congrats Scott! Now if you hurry up, you'll have the very honorable distinction of being the first consumer review and offering feedback to those of us suffering acute anxiety waiting for ours(where's my welbutrin?), once again proving that Ron, Tom and the folks at SVS are TOPS! And oh yeah......your a bastard [​IMG] [​IMG] We're waiting. [​IMG]

4. DennisZ

DennisZ Agent

My CS20-39+s and amp arrived about 2 hrs. ago. serial numbers 12 and 13. I have them setup and calibrated and OMG two of these are just unbeleiveable. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I did the depth charge sequences in both Das Boot and U-571
    the chopper in the Matrix. I needed to leave the room. the
    BASS is just fantastic. clean and deep.
    the house was shaking. Good thing I know a structural engineer. Anyway I need to do more testing and will probably move the subs around until I get what I want.
    Right now they are in the front left corner. They sound very very good here but I will experiment with placement.
    Also these are tall just a few inches shorter then my
    Revel F30s.
    So back to the bass with +s
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Denny

5. DennisZ

DennisZ Agent

In all the excitement I found to thank the people at
    SVS for this wonderful new toy. thank you thank you
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Denny

6. Sheldon C

Sheldon C Second Unit

I hate you Dennis. [​IMG] (Just a friendly message from a bass envious apartment dweller).
    I seriously can't wait until this summer when I get a house and can join the ranks of the envied. Maybe by then, Ron and Tom will have to cut the prices of their cs subs because all they can sell is +'s!![​IMG]

7. Scott A Withers

Scott A Withers Auditioning

First pass review - pretty amazing! I played clips from Phantom Menance, Matrix, the new THX intro and am now working through the Avia test disk. This thing rocks. Very strong showing for music too. Tried a variety of extra bassy tunes and found low freqs that I had forgotten or never knew existed (an old public enemy song has been on repeat at least 3 or 4 times). Also, I never realized that the music in the lobby shootout scene in The Matrix started as early as it does because it is just low bass until the full spectrum kicks in later. The physical unit is big but I admire its simplicity. The exterior cover material is nice and my dog likes to keep smelling it (?). I think I will be splitting my time over the next few days doing the music/movie thing and stamping out all the new found rattles in my house...

8. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Scott, congrats on your SVS! I want one but think it may be just a tad too much for a dorm room! [​IMG]
    BTW, I hope your dog doesn't mistake it for a fire hydrant! [​IMG]

9. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas

10. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

Got my 20-39CS+ today as well (Serial #0002). My first impression? "This thing is HUGE!" [​IMG] I'm glad I didn't go for the 46 - I can't imagine what that thing would look like, hehe...
    Right now, the sub is in a less-than-optimal location - mid-wall in a 24x20 room with cathedral ceilings, two large openings to other rooms, and a stairwell leading up. This is just until I get my basement finished, where I have a much better room for my theater stuff. Oh, and I'm driving it with a Samson s700.
    Anyway, this thing is really impressive. Never had a subwoofer before, so I really didn't know what to expect. Go the thing wrestled into place, hooked it up, got it calibrated, and started going through demo scenes. Started off with Titan A.E. (bought solely for this purpose [​IMG]), and my house started rumbling. After a few minutes of this, I had to dive to catch a picture that was falling off a shelf. I thought my house was going to fall down. Moved on to U-571, TPM, and Toy Story 2. Just had a big grin on my face the whole time.
    I've only had a couple of hours with this thing, but I already love it. I'll give more feedback after I've had a couple days/weeks with it...

11. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I always laugh when I see mention of how big SVS subs are. Come on they are tiny :p) Don't sound tiny, but they are physically tiny [​IMG]
    My sub enclosure is over 70" tall and 19" in diameter. Check out my sig for pics. And as far as DIY subs go, compared to some, it is on the small side. If you want to see a big sub check this out:
    http://www.geocities.com/manurescape...l?982993304980
    It's 24 ft^3, weighs 475lbs; is 60" tall, 26.5" wide and 38" deep.