What's new

MY player will not play DVD Audio discs at all. (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hooray!
What's wrong with gold? :) I have the gold version of the JVC XV-65GD, and I have a silver HDTV receiver, and a champaign Panasonic RP-91. I don't mind the non-black-ness of my gear.

Jason Bosch

Agent
Yeah thats true. My issue with it was because most other equipment is black so it doesn't match. I'd be great though if you could find all of your equipment to match.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Hey that's great that you got it working. If I were you I'd use the 5.1 inputs at all times for your DVD player. Whether playing DVD-A, DD, or DTS. Now try out some of those DVD-A sampler discs and see how they sound. Cool!

Jason Bosch

Agent
Yeha I was listening to them last night Phillip. I was pretty impressed with the music in dolby digital. The discs had some beethoven, the coors, forigner, yes, and stuff like that. All of it sounded really good. I'm extremly happy with this purchase. Best $150 I've spent in along time. And Brae I got it at J&R. total with shipping was $165. Pretty good deal for me.

Brae

Supporting Actor
Two questions:
1.) Does this have Faroudja processing for progressive output (like my RP-56)
2.) Does this unit suffer the Chroma bug?
I noticed that J&R Music is now listing the XV-FA95GD for about $170. Look here and why the $*.88 price tagging?

Brae

Supporting Actor
Sorry, Philip, I garnered my information pre-purchase from this thread where the RP-56 was not one of the suspected/verified to have the Chroma bug. It is found off the the mini-FAQ.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Red flag! On many DVD-A players (my RP-91K included) you CANNOT access the DD or DTS tracks at all! For example, I no longer have the ability to use the 5.1 analog outputs of the player.
The thing above about with DVD-Audio not being able to access Dd or DTS. Are you just talking about when playing DVD-A or do you mean even when watching regular DVD's. I'm getting a DVD-A player from Pioneer soon, it's on it's way. And this would be a problem for me as I only use the analog outputs direct into the TV. {Hey sorry, I'm not a big audio buff, the speakers in my RPTV sound good enough to me.}

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks