What's new

my plan to change Blockbuster policy.. (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
ok heres my plan, as you may have noticed, Blockbuster sucks and basically will not support OAR, or even commensense for that matter. (by commensense I mean have P&S and WS available)

so heres my plan to make them change..

hire a bunch of SUV driving Soccer moms to bitch and complain about not have Widescreen DVDs available.

You watch the quick turn around.....

you see my point..do you wonder why Blockbuster would allow this to happen in the first place...

(no offense to actual SUV driving Soccer moms who are indeed HT enthusiasts.)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I almost like that idea. Fill them in and send them around to every store in your area to complain. It would be a great place to vent and if they are loud enough, they might be able to turn some other customers around at the same time.

Glenn

SteveK

Supporting Actor
So far, my local Blockbuster (a franchise location rather than a company-owned location) has strongly supported OAR presentations. With the exception of Cats and Dogs, which they have only in P&S, they have ONLY widescreen DVDs of all other movies, including Grinch, JPIII, etc. I suspect that the only reason they have P&S copies of Cats and Dogs is because of the Warner fiasco on that title. Interestingly, I have yet to see a single copy of Cats and Dogs checked out. Although that may be because it's such a poor movie (IMO), hopefully they'll interpret it as a lack of interest in P&S DVD.

On several occasions, I've verbally thanked them for supporting widescreen, especially when corporate Blockbuster does not. I'm thinking of writing a letter to the local store so that my feelings are seen by the owner. I'm sure he hears enough complaints about widescreen, so he'd certainly enjoy seeing a written thank you.

Steve K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.