What's new

My PC case in the newegg contest (1 Viewer)

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
It's called the 64 Cubed case about half way down the page next to another cube case design. the case is about 14" x 14" x 11" and houses a full ATX board. I have a feeling the R2D2 on the page will win though.

64 Cubed Case link

JamesED

Second Unit
That poor GCN! Please tell me it died of natural causes and you only gutted the remains. :D

Nic work, do you have more pictures of it hosted somewhere?

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Thanks,
It's actually a scaled up GCN. The real GCN is something like 5" all around. My GCN is about 4-5 times bigger. The momma cube should have been its name.
I'll be putting more pics up tonight.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Jassen, nice mod, but the size is a little deceptive. Would a standard cube shell be too small to build a board into (even something shuttle-sized)? Some of the stuff on that newegg page is fantastic, but I'd like more pics of some of them.

Kind of reminds me of the NES case mod though. Can't remember where I saw it, but it went to the point of wiring the KB/mouse to the original NES plugs.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Thanks Chris, a standard Cube shell would be fine if I were using a small micro itx board but this houses an ABIT ATX board, A64 3200+, 1GB corsair ram, 2 hard drives, Nvidia 6600GT, Liteon DVD burner and full size ATX power supply. I use it as my LAN box, seeing as it's so easy to carry. The wiring inside isn't as neat as I would like it to be but with so little room left the wires had to go wherever they fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks