What's new

My PB 12 has gone crazy! (1 Viewer)

KyleRoussel

Stunt Coordinator
I was upstairs eating when all of a sudden my house started rumbling with this awful noise. When I got into my room I found that my sub was firing and rattling for no reason. What's going on??

KyleRoussel

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, that blows. It was barely a year old. Did JBL ever fix the problem or have they been replacing it with more faulty amps?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Check with JBL, I've seen some people say they've gotten them replaced under warranty, since this is a defect. What you described is exactly what happened to a friend of mine. I think they have solved the problem, but many of the bad amps are still out there.

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking of buying a pb10. It's sounded pretty tight and punchy without the boom. The only thing that stopped me were the reviews stating how bad the amps were. Good thing I didn't pick one up.

KyleRoussel

Stunt Coordinator
I was happy with it until it went to visit the crapper. I got it from my bro who works for a JBL distributor so I'll get it fixed for no charge (I hope) and hopefully they'll replace it with one of the fixed amps.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Yikes...my landlord would have a fit if that happened while I wasn't home. Perhaps I should turn off my PB10 when I'm not using it, just in case.

KYLE I just bought one have they fixed the problems on the new ones or are they lemons.I read your post after i ordered it there is a few more stories just like yours out there.I think iam stuck with it inless i eat the shipping cost.But you did like it did it sound better than the saw-40?

Users who are viewing this thread