My (Paradigm) speaker set up is finally complete!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by james e m, Feb 19, 2002.

1. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Yesterday I just picked up the final pair of speakers to complete the "7" of my future 7.1 system. After a lot of auditioning I went with the Paradigm Monitor 11's as my mains to complement my Paradigm CC-370 and 4 Paradigm Mini Monitors. I choose the Monitor 11's for a couple reasons. First off they sounded better than the Monitor 7's and 9's to me. The 11's had more of fuller sound to me, so I went with them. Also I don't like to run a sub while listening to music, so I thought this was the best option for me. I really liked the Studio 100's but I would have had to upgrade to something better and more expensive than the receiver I have to get the wattage to power those monsters. The store I go to gives you a year to trade in your speakers and they allow you to put that money towards a new set of speakers. So in theory I can always upgrade. Now all I need is a couple of new subs and a new receiver and I'll be good to go! I'm going to spend most of the day trying the break this bad boys in. I also bought a 6 shelf rack from Plateau for my components, no more stacking! Thanks for everybody's advice! [​IMG]

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

Where's the new pics?

Kinda bummed out when I looked.....

3. JohnnyHK

JohnnyHK Stunt Coordinator

Congrats James. Yesterday, I finished up the "5" portion of my eventual 5.1 system. I've also got Monitor 11s and a CC-370, but I went with the ADP-170s (v3) for surrounds. I'm totally blown away by the sound. It is sooooo good. The 170s didn't arrive until just yesterday and I mounted them last night. Now I just need to wait until the end of the month so that I can finally decide which SVS model to finish the system off with.

4. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

What recievers are you guys using? I'm starting my Paradigm setup now (The only thing I have is Mini Monitors up front) and I will eventually have the same setup as you guys do. I want to get a good receiver in the coming months that will work good with Paradigm. So what do you guys have?

Nevermind, I'll just start a new thread.

5. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Colin, I'll have the pics up as soon as I have everything set up with the new audio rack.

Johnny, I'm going to go with an SVS or 2 also. That will be my last upgrade. I think I'll get them when I move into a house.

Paul, I am using a cheap Sony receiver right now but I plan on upgrading to something along the lines of the Onkyo 898.

6. JohnnyHK

JohnnyHK Stunt Coordinator

Paul, I'm running mine off an Onkyo 595 and it's clean and loud. The monitor 11s are very efficient so they're not real picky about their power source.

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I think all dealers give you a year to trade them in, it's a decree from Paradigm, I believe.

Congrats!

8. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

9. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

I got a complete Paradigm setup a couple of months ago. I have the Mini Monitors and CC-370 up front, and the Titans in the rear. Complemented by a PS-1000. I couldnt afford the Dipole rears. Besides, my room is 16' wide and only 12' deep, so they would not work the best as they should.