my Panny 53WX42 is going fuzzy!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brent_H, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

I've had my Panasonic 53" RPTV for a little over two years now. After about 8-12 months, the whites on the right side of the screen started to have a yellowish tint to them. I was told by some I needed my lenses stripped or something. Well, since then, I've had another problem. For some reason, no matter what I do, either the right side or the left side will not focus 100% depending on how much I mess with the convergence. Also, I don't know if this is related, but either my reds or my blues will bleed on the side that isn't focusing. I can move the angle one way to make it better, but then it gets worse on the other side. It's really making me mad. I'm in college so I don't really have to money to drop on an ISF stud...and maybe its something I can fix myself. I have used Sound & Vision's HT setup but it doesnt seem to do much. Any input would be muuuch appreciated!

Brent.

2. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

is this something Avia could help fix? I'm not sure the S&V disc has as much advanced stuff as Avia...not that I would know how to use it anyways. I'm probably facing havin the G man come calibrate it once he's up in MN again...bugger.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

You may need to adjust beam and/or mechanical focus it sounds like. I am really unfamiliar with the adjustment capabilities/menus etc of RPTVs, so you may need to explore that on your own, or bring in a pro.

4. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

that sounds like a job not for me....haha der..

anyone else wanna put in their $.02?

5. Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein Stunt Coordinator

sounds like the electrical and/or the manual focus needs to be adjusted. be aware the blue will be slightly fuzzier then the red/green. if you try to tighten it up too much you will get purple edges.

check out www.panny.tv

btw, i run a 53wx53. love it!!!

ag.

6. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Just do a mechanical focus ... but an electrical one will be harder because of all the glue you have to remove from the focus block.

Regards

7. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

ok so this involves removing the back panel, going into the service menu, etc..? oh man. i am more electronically inclined than the layperson, but i don't wanna f it up. i guess i just need to be careful. it should be worth it. i will keep ya posted. heheh

8. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

ok i got into the service menu, and i looked through the service manual, but i'm not sure which grid to bring up to focus it...or how to bring it up. any help? [​IMG]

9. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

The convergence grid ... multipoint ... (FINE) ... is the one to use ...

Can cycle the colours with the 1 key ... or cover up the crts individually ...

regards