1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

My Panasonic RP-56 Won't Play "Secondhand Lions"!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by WilliamG, Feb 22, 2004.

1. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

I rented this disc over the weekend and just finished watching it. The movie itself plays fine. Flipped it over to watch the extras, and it would not play in my machine. I have a Panasonic RP-56. When the tray closes, it seems like it's having trouble reading it ..."click-click" .."click-click" a couple of times. Then it tries to spin up and nothing happens. I tried ejecting and replacing. THEN the little clip of Haley Joel Osment getting out of the car segueing to the Special Features screen. I then selected "Deleted/Alternate Scenes". And then the thing just locked up. I still had the Special Features screen, but the buttons would not respond and nothing played. Has anyone had trouble like this on this disc? Again, the movie side played fine; but the extras- no go! Is this yet another player-specific problem?

This is the VERY first time that I've ever encountered a single problem of this sort.
    Thanks!

2. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

Two readers of my newspaper contacted me to say they have had similar problems. One had tried two discs with the same results (on two players), and I suggested that she try one more time to exchange it for a different copy.

This doesn't really help you, but at least it lets you know that there might be some player compatibility problems with this disc.

3. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

Randy or William I have the same player and have had a Problem with 2 copies of Down Periscope with it pixalating at the same spot. William you dont have this disc by chance do you? Randy you have'nt got any reports about it have you?

4. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

Randy,
    I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you- I had a busy Sunday afternoon! Anyway, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that had problems with it. It still has me flustered, 'cause in the two years that I've owned the player, and all of the posts of similar problems w/other movies in that length of time, THIS is my first one. Oh, well. Thanks for your reply! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jeff,
    No. That's one that has not made it into my collection(yet!) [​IMG] Sorry you're having problems.[​IMG]

5. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

Jeff, sorry, but I can't help you with Down Periscope.