What's new

My own little Film Festival (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I finished a draft of particularly bothersome (thesis) chapter yesterday morning, so I took the afternoon off to relax and enjoy myself.
After lunch, I went to BestBuy, and left with O Brother, Where Art Thou?. I watched it when I got home (very good movie. hysterical at times). Then, I walked over to the second-run theater and watched Black Hawk Down. Also very engaging.
Two movies, two venues, five hours, under $30, with soda and popcorn. Enjoyable and economical :)
Now, on to the next chapter...
Anyone else have their own mini movie-fests?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
With the recent passing of Linda Lovelace, I'll mention that I once watched Deep Throat and All The President's Men back to back (got a few laughs out of that one on another forum!)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Edwin - show off! ;)
I look forward to more movie watching with this pesky thesis is done. Until, two movies in one week is a luxury, and two movies in one day is downright decadent :)
Yeah. They're called the weekends.
Weekends? Hrmm... I think I've heard of those.. Oh, yeah, that's when I get the most work done.
Looking forward to this summer: hopefully a job, and many movies :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I get tomorrow and Friday off from high school (backup makeup days in case we missed for snow...we didn't.), so I might have a festival of DVD's I haven't watched in a while...
I'll probably watch The Mummy (1932), The Gold Rush, 8 1/2, Some Like It Hot, Forrest Gump, Help!, and Fantasia. I still haven't seen all of Disneyland USA, so I might take that for a spin.
All I need is some popcorn and a root beer. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks