What's new

My Nowhere Man appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

John Gates

Second Unit
"My name is Thomas Veil, or at least it was. I'm a photographer. I had it all: a wife, Alison, friends, a career, and in one moment it was all taken away. All because of a single photograph. I have it, they want it, and they will do anything to get the negatives. I'm keeping this diary as proof that these events are real. I know they are, they have to be."
I was very disappointed when this show tanked after only one season in the mid 1990s. I thought it was one of the most provocative and smart TV shows in a LONG time. I wish more TV was as interesting and gratifying as Nowhere Man was.
My wife and I recently bought VHS copies of the entire season, and we're really enjoying them. Watching the first 6 or so episodes, I've noticed something that is common to each episode so far: During each one, someone drops a glass or a plate or something and sweeps it up after it shatters. Anyone know the significance of this? Inside joke, symbolism, or directorial signature of some kind?
Also, in an early episode, our very own Carrie Ann Moss stars as the dreamed-up Thomas Veil love interest in a very matrix-like episode. :D
Anyone else remember this series?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yes i remember the series. I have the entire season on CD and it was a shame it was cancelled

capt

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Also, in an early episode, our very own Carrie Ann Moss stars as the dreamed-up Thomas Veil love interest in a very matrix-like episode.
That was a GREAT episode.

I'd love to have this show on DVD or at least DVD-R. It would be great if somebody would rerun it.

John Gates

Second Unit
I was in Best Buy this weekend, and I noticed a huge box of TV show DVDs from the old series "The Prisoner." I have heard that this show resembles Nowhere Man in many respects, but I've never seen it. Anyone else here ever see THE PRISONER? Any good? Worth checking out?

John G

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
"The Prisoner" is excelent, tho the resemblance to "Nowhere Man" is passing. Where Nowhere Man is about a man trying to find out why his life has been taken from him and who did it, The Prisoner is about a retired spy kidnapped to a bizzare place called "The Village", where every episode, a new person tries to break him for the knowlege that he has. Meanwhile, he tries to find out the why and who and take every opportunity to escape. Pick it up, you won't regret it.

"Nowhere Man" used to be a favorite of my sisters, and like many TV shows of that time she liked, they got canned after one season. One thing the show did for me was it made Bruce Greenwood very recognizable to me.

Jason

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
There was a "Nowhere Man" episode which was a blatant ripoff of the Prisoner. It was the ep. which put an end to my "Nowhere Man" watching. A friend argued that it was done in hommage to the Prisoner, but I was doubtful at the time.

Martin.

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
I liked Nowhere Man early on, but I began to get frustrated by a sense of lack of direction. Not only did it not appear that Vail was making any progress, but there also wasn't much of anything in the way of teases about discoveries to come.

Of course, it's been a long time since I watched it, and my impressions could be mistaken, but that's my recollection.

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
I loved Nowhere Man. I was some po'ed when they cancelled it after the one season. As for someone rerunning it, In Canada the Family Channel is showing it at 11 pm Eastern and Pacific Monday thru Thursday. It looks like they will start the season over with episode 1 showing on Sept 30th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks