What's new

My next subwoofer project (1 Viewer)

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
btw, the rubber around the outside of the basket comes right off, if you want it too.

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
that aerial sub retails for $5,200, WOW, I bet for under $300-$400 someone (Thomas) could build on just as good (if not better), but without the remote (who cares about that anyway?)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Interesting that the Aerial sub was brought up, I was looking at a close pic of its internals and realized that they use the same/similar sub that SVS uses on the origionals with a different magnet
Actually it is more like the old Ultra driver. It has been posted here before that the CS/PC drivers are sourced from Link Removed, the same company that makes Link Removed subs. TC Sounds makes the rest of SV's drivers. The closest to the old Ultra and Aerial is the Audiomobile Mass12. (Someone built a sonosub using the Mass and posted about it a few months ago.) As far as I know, the closest thing to the new Ultra is sold by Eclipse (still made by TC).
-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks