My next purchase

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ZackS, Feb 20, 2002.

1. ZackS

ZackS Auditioning

Hello all,
    This is my first post on this forum. I'm amazed at how successful this place is. Congrats, and I hope you can help me as much as you've helped others.
    On to business. I'm a college student who happens to work at a high-end audio store, and so I can afford to purchase some nice equipment despite my student status. I'm trying to build a decent system by the time I graduate in May, and I'm debating what to buy next, and would appreciate your input.
    Currently own:
    -Paradigm Studio 20s (as fronts) w/Premier J-26 stands
    -Paradigm Studio CC (center)
    -MIT Terminator 4 Bi-Wire (for all three)
    -Yamaha RX-V1200 receiver
    -(Using roommate's Monitor 9s as rears, and Sony DVP-NS300 as DVD/CD player)
    Thinking about:
    -Sony DVP-NS900V DVD/CS/Multichannel SACD player
    -Paradigm Studio 60s (move 20s to rear)
    -Rotel RMB-1075 Amp (120x5)
    What do you think of this system and of the proposed additions? How about the order in which I should add the new stuff?
    Thanks for your help!

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Zack,

That is certainly some nice stuff you are considering. I am a huge Paradigm fan. I also have Paradigm speakers, the Monitor series, with a Yamaha receiver. Some think this combination is too bright, but I like the sound of this combination.

We have a local dealer here in Champaign, IL that sells Yamaha and Paradigm. Where are you located?

3. ZackS

ZackS Auditioning

LOL Marty; I work there. Come stop by sometime. [​IMG]
    Let me expand the scope of my original post: what are your experiences with the 900 DVD/SACD player? Anyone have Studio 60s with the 1075 and care to comment on their combined performance?
    Thanks!
    -Z-

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Zack,

I thought you might have been talking about Champagne Audio, but not having any information in your profile I could not be certain. I work just a few blocks away and I was in the store over the holidays contemplating purchasing the Sony 500 DVD player with SACD. I can't afford the 900.

What days do you work there? I will stop by and say hello.

5. ZackS

ZackS Auditioning

Marty,
    It varies; I'm usually in the store on Wednesday afternoons; the rest changes and/or is install days. [​IMG]