What's new

My newest upgrade, check it out (1 Viewer)

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I just got a pair of Klipsch KG 5.2's to use as my surrounds. I finally have 5.2's as my mains and surrounds, and 4.2s as my rear centers. Check out my home page for cool pics of them and my custom stands.:D

KyleGS

Second Unit
ONLY four subs...?!
Looks great...what model year are your Klipsch's?
BTW- good looking kid

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
They are KG 5.2's, 4.2's, and KG 2.2v. The KG 4.2's were purchased in 1990 I think. The rest in the last year thru Ebay. I love the KG sound.

Thanks for the compliments. I never thought I could love someone as much as my son. Fatherhood is the best. Not a day goes by when I dont thank someone for him.

I got the 20-39's when they first came out and the 25-PCi was a local sale at a great price. The Polk is new, but staying. Bass is GOOD!!!

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Damn....you must have a bigass room! I've got KG 5.2's for my mains and those suckers are very hefty. I thought I was bad having Polk Audio LS 50's for my surrounds. I'd love to get rid of the Polk's though and get some 4.2's for my surrounds. The Klipsch x.2 line were produced from '92-'94, BTW. I got my 5.2's from GoodGuys in around '96. They were floor models and I picked them up for $375 for the pair which included an extra $20 each to extend the 5 yr warranty to 10 yr. I was shown the 4.2's in the demo room and was quoted about the same price. When we came out of the room I noticed the 5.2's sitting there and said 'yowsah..how about those' (maybe not those exact words!). I think she liked me and cut me a deal. I should have got them both. Woo hoo!

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Rob,

Your right I got them in 93,I just found the receipt for the 4.2's. I found both sets of 5.2s locally thru Ebay for less than what I paid for the 4.2's at Tweeter.:D

The 2.2v was another Ebay find, I over paid for it but I wanted it.

My room is 14x21, but open on one side to another room of approximately the same size.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, what's the story with 4 subs
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Jerome

The 3 SVS are the main subs. The small Pols sub is for the center channel. I high pass all speakers at 40hz. The problem is that the 2.2v(center channel) really doesnt play with any authority below 60hz. So im trying an experment with the polk picking up from 60hz to 40hz. It seems to make a difference.

This is the "problem":D with having floorstanding speakers everywhere else. I mean why use floorstanding speakers if you are going to strip all the bass out of them?

Im thinking of raising the TV up about 3" and use the sub as a stand for the 2.2.

Earle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks