What's new

my new system setup (1 Viewer)

Gregory Scott Bass

Stunt Coordinator
well after wheeling and dealing the last few days my system has finally taken shape, it now is
lexicon mc-1
Lexicon 312(bryston 3 ch)
carver 505 for rears
....im still running nht 2.9's and audio center2 and paradigm and superzero surrounds, snell sub

so wish me luck...the new amps should be here within a week

John S

Senior HTF Member
Well best of luck..

Can I ask what you were running before? I mean what are you actually changing?

I do love the lexicon pre/pro for dang sure.

John S

Senior HTF Member
ahhhh.. I can see the light now...

It is becomming an increasing issue where people change stuff and end up liking what they had before the change.

The HK-8000 while very nice, just ain't a Lexicon pre/pro now is it??? :) I can imagine it would be hard to go from the cream da la crem Pre / Pro to even the high end HK AVR for those pre/pro duties.

Thanks for the additional information. :emoji_thumbsup:

Gregory Scott Bass

Stunt Coordinator
Your welcome john, I am excited about having it back....I gave up dvd-audio so I could have it again....but In some ways the mc1 makes the dd tracks on those disc sound just is good....I mean I know its compressed and is not nearly as pure but the mc-1 just rocks :) This will also be my first experience with having an amplifier that is hi end...I will be curious to see if the bryston is all the audiophiles say it is. by the way Ive never hooked up a 12v trigger before, can I just use speaker wire or is there a special wire for that?

Gregory Scott Bass

Stunt Coordinator
btw I think I did pretty good on the bryston, I got it at audiogon for 925 shipped, I was waiting for a sunfire to come available for that price range but when I saw an affordable bryston I figured I better jump on it before it got gone.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Yep, just one speaker wire for the trigger is fine. I'd wager your Bryston will not disapoint in anyway from the Sunfire.

Should be a way top performer for the dollars spent. :)

I wish I could hear it when your back up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks