What's new

my new subwoofer is making a strange hum (1 Viewer)

Chris_FFF

Grip
When I turn everything off my JBL woofer hums like it gettn some electrical power that it shouldnt be. It just started doing it, only had it a few days. Its hooked to a Dennon receiver. Any ideas? The red light in back says its in standby.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What is the sub plugged into? What else is on the same curcuit? It is very likely picking up noise on the circuit and amplifying it. This could ultimately damage the unit. Try it in a different outlet, and DEFINITELY with a surge suppressor.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Certain JBL subs seem to have more problems than others. It's suprising that I see a post like this at least once a month. Is it an older JBL sub or a PB series? I suspect it to be a technical faulty with the sub itself.

Chris_FFF

Grip
The woofer is pluged into a brand new surge protector, and the only other thing thats pluged into it is the LFE cable directly to the back of the receiver. It has a L + R and an LFE plug so I plugged it into that. Is that where it should be? Its the SCS150 Model Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks