What's new

My new sonosub!! (1 Viewer)

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
So a couple of weeks ago I asked my wife...
"honey can I build you a new end table?"
she said yes and as I walked away I mumbled "there's going to be a 12" subwoofer on the bottom"
Well it's done and it she actually likes!!!!
I opted for a square top.
It's 28 1/2" high using a 24" dia tube.
I used winlSD and Sonotube construction kit porograms to design it.
I will be testing it this coming week. when the kids are at school. I'll post some of pics soon.
Thanks for all the threads that I have read on this forum concerning Sonotubes. It helped me decided to go DIY.
Mark B.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Not only noisy,does she know she cannot put pictures,drinks or anything on top of it
laugh.gif

------------------
"And the horse i rode in on?"...Marge Simpson

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Hey Mark,
I'm doing the exact same thing- same dimensions, same rouse with wife. Except I never considered making teh top square. Interesting idea. I just finished cutting my round endcap, but may reconsider and steal your idea. Anxiously awaiting pic of how it looks.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
The square top looks very good. On top I have 3/4 inch round MDF the 24" square 3/4" mdf then the real kicker I have 4 1/2" thick 12" x 12" pieces of marble looks sharp. I still have to put some trim around the top.
Actually I am encouraging drinks to go on top. plastic only, that way we don't have to get the blender out :)
How do I paste a picture within my message. I don't have a web page ready.
Mark

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
I'm not positive about this, but I don't think you can post the pic, only a pointer to a web space where the pic is stored. If you E-mail me a JPG or 2, I'll put it on my web space and post a pointer to it in this thread.

Alan Ross

Agent
Julian: It's a driver made by TC Sounds as OEM prototype for a speaker manufacturer.
Brian: sorry for the picture, I edited the message as you suggested.
------------------
Best regards,
Alan

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Pat!
I can't believe YOU of all people would ever use the phrase "too much bass!" Are you feeling OK? :)
Brian
------------------

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's more of a proximity thing. Having a sub that close is just not something I'd enjoy.
Okay, I confess, I just would rather not have to wear "Depends" when I'm enjoying what a Sunosub would have to offer in close proximity. There, I have shared my greatest fear in HT. :)
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks