What's new

My new projector just arrived! (1 Viewer)

Ronald.H

Agent
I finally ordered a Plus Piano Avanti HE-3200 DLP projector. The projector arrived Friday on my door step, and though my theater is not yet ready, I had to fire it up to give it a try.

First of all, the entire ordering process was great. I ordered on-line from Plus using their economy shipping on Monday, and the projector arrived on Friday. The projector was double-boxed and well packed.

I took the projector to my basement and hung a bed sheet over the studs where my screen wall will be. I hooked up a cheap DVD player I had laying around using the supplied s-video cable and fired up Ice Age and the kids and I watched. My first impression of the projector was that the picture is great. Even though most of the picture shot right through the bed-sheet, we still had enough of a quality picture to enjoy the film.

I then moved the projector to the living room where I could shoot it onto my off-white wall and hook it up to my Time Warner digital cable box. I used the component video connections. I watched several different channels, and it really was enjoyable to see my favorite episode of Seinfeld as large as my wall. The only drawback was that the poor picture quality of standard cable television is exposed on a large screen. I then switched to the few HDTV channels that Time Warner is offering on my local cable system. Wow. I was stunned. Even though the Piano must downgrade the resolution for HD signals, the picture was still absolutely fabulous.

I've only put about 2.5 hours on the bulb so far, and I have not done any calibration on the projector yet. But, I think I am going to be very pleased with this projector once it gets installed in my new theater room and is projecting onto my DaLite screen.

The drywall will go up this week, so hopefully the theater will be up and running in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ronald:

Sounds great to me. When you have your HT all up and running it would be fun to come by and see it some time. Where abouts in KC do you live? I am north of the river in around Gladstone.

I saw the Plus at Sony last year and I was really impressed with the picture out of such a small little projector. They were shooting it on a perfed 110 inch screen out of a progressive DVD player and the image was great.

Glad to hear the guys at Plus were great to work with. I think they make a quality product that is designed for Home Theater use. Nice choice of a projector.

One thing that you might want to try before getting a screen is to see what the image is like just shooting it on to a white wall. Once you have the dry wall up paint it flat white and shoot the image. You might be surprised at how good the image looks.

Parker

Ronald.H

Agent
Parker - I'm also in the great Northland area in KC.

The decor of the room prohibits a white wall, so I thought just buying the screen would be the easiest way to go.

Thanks,
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks