What's new

My new Panasonic RIP (1 Viewer)

JoeyT

Stunt Coordinator
Yep.
Took delivery of a floor model 47wx49 on wednesday and thought I had about an average deal. The color was waaaaay off and after hrs of calibrating no dice. The service tech came on Friday opened his tool box, turned on the set for 2 minutes, turned off the set, and closed his tool box. "The cost of repairing this set will be so expensive that they will never allow me to fix it" :angry:
Found out my only option was to replace it with a different set. Being more of an audio geek with avg interest in TVs I thought the tech would offer the most unbiased opinion..
He thought the Toshibas were the most reliable and inexpensive to fix. He did not seem to care for the Panasonic RPTVs but was careful not to offer a negative opinion about any product. Very prof.
Out with Panasonic and in with New in Box Toshiba 50h82. This time I shopped the net and found the lowest price I could before I went to the store. I was able to meet with the GM at BB and he understood my frustration. Bottom line, he made price a non-issue and took care of it.
Wish me luck! Any tips?

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Well, you're MUCH better off w/o a floor model TV. I'm all about buying open-box and floor model merchandise -- but not TVs, they can really be abused, and it sucks to find that out too late.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Good luck, but that wx49 was sure old. Panasonic has a x42/x52 model out now, and stores are liquidating the wx49 as quickly as possible, even store models are leaving.

-ELmO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks