My new Mit 46807 and a few questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DAN NEIR, May 30, 2001.

DAN NEIR Guest

My 46807 arrived today and I have to say I am impressed. I bought a new toshiba 6200 dvd player and some monster component cables since my sony 330 doesn't have component outs. Even though I don't have avia yet, the picture on Star Trek First Contact was amazing!! My questions are:
    1)Which mode(stretch,expand,standard,etc..) do most other owners use for watching 2:35:1 dvds, 1:85:1 dvds and standard 4:3 tv broadcasts?
    2)Until avia arrives at the weekend what video settings should I use in the meantime?
    3)What mode (video or film) do you use when watching movies and watching tv?
    Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. Alan Wild

Alan Wild Stunt Coordinator

Feb 22, 2001
    Contrast at about 30%, I brightness I believe a tad higher, color up 1 noch and tint up a few more. Sharpness also around 30%.
    The most important thing is to get the brightness and contast DOWN. Mits ships these sets in "torch mode" at 100% contrast, which frankly will just damage the set.
    As far as which modes I use.....
    So far....
    * Anamorphic videos on Standard regarless of aspect ratio.
    * Non-anamorphic videos on Expanded.
    * Any 4:3 content on Narrow. (Don't like people all stretched out).
    I've used stretched for playing video games, but I don't generally like the effect with regular TV content.