What's new

My New Little Problem (1 Viewer)

OSS481

Auditioning
Real Name
John
hey guys.. so i have 3 in wall speakers (left right and center)... which came with the house.. i live in a town house,.. the in walls are on the same side as the neighbours house.. so they are complaining saying they can hear the sound and asking us to turn it down which is sucks so i wanna fix this.. speakers aree New Wave Audio IW-6S in wall speakers. Behind the speakers is some basic insulation then drywall then their house.. I want to know what can i do in order to sound proof this speaker without going crazy and building a new wall or anything crazy like that.. taking into consideration the limited amount of room behind the speaker.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dynamat has never been "just for cars". It was used in the home long before anybody got the bright idea to use it in cars.

OSS481

Auditioning
Real Name
John
DynaBox is a good idea but there's no way to install that in my walls now, the walls are finished already.

OSS481

Auditioning
Real Name
John
sorry doing what again? what I'm saying is if I take the speakers out and try and put this DynaBox in there will be no space. I will have to just buy floor standing speakers put keep the in walls there for re sale

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks